Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find the relief valve on an old 300 garden tractor. I'm hoping to adjust the hydraulic pressure up a little for quicker response on my pull-type rototiller. Thanks in advance 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very cool. Looks like I'll take the seat pan off and see what I can see. Something's either wrong with this tractor or the brand new lift cylinder I bought is bogus. I can only get it to move a tiny bit after I start the engine, and then nothing. Plenty of oil and a new filter. Thanks for responding 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Attachments

Registered
Have you verified the set screw is tight on the woodruff key/shaft between the lever and the hydraulic spool linkages?

sometimes if it鈥檚 loose it feels like your moving the lever but it鈥檚 actually just rotating on the shaft

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well fellas, I finally found the problem. The two ports I was using (formally went to the front) just wouldn't work, so I switched the whole mess to the other two ports, and everything worked like it should. I have no idea what was wrong, but I only need 1 system for the tiller, so for now I'm good. I can get the cornstalks turned under and be done for the fall. I have an old JD dozer I'll rig up for snow if I need it. A big thank you to everybody that responded 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well fellas, I finally found the problem. The two ports I was using (formally went to the front) just wouldn't work, so I switched the whole mess to the other two ports, and everything worked like it should. I have no idea what was wrong, but I only need 1 system for the tiller, so for now I'm good. I can get the cornstalks turned under and be done for the fall. I have an old JD dozer I'll rig up for snow if I need it. A big thank you to everybody that responded 馃憤

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You could try plugging in a pressure guage to the front hyd outlets and see if you're building any pressure while working the levers.
I'm going to do just that when I get the tilling done, so I can rig that cylinder up on a dozer. I'm guessing that part of the control valve needs rebuilt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts