Weekend Freedom Machines banner
181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gabby,
The 3/8" compression fittings should work fine at garden tractor system pressure, did it many times in past. Much easier and faster than making 37° double flare (that doesn't leak).

Nice story on H3 conversion.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Thank you but getting it completed is way overdue. If I said I was to busy with other things that would sound like whining so I will just keep at it.

Today I was supposed to take the truck in for for front end work and then work at rural property but got heavy snowfall overnight. Planning on postponing truck work to clear the drive and then hopefully have some time to work on the 318 today.

Thanks again ... Gabby

Reactions: sublime68charger

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Bump. Need to get back on this.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Should be working on this instead of 112 RF.

Will get back to it. Just in here looking at control valve spools.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Forgot to include these photos comparing the valves
View attachment 262313 View attachment 262315 View attachment 262314

First photo left to right
  • 317 H2 control valve
    • Note: the power beyond port (BYD) on left side of valve is where Brantly power steering cylinder hose connects. Hydraulic flow out that port to steering cylinder and from cylinder to sump.
  • 318 H2 control valve ... note: detented spools are reversed location and BYD port not machined in this valve.
  • 420/430 H3 valve.
Center photo is the 317 & 318 H2 valves

Last photo is the 318 and 420/430 H3 valves.
  • Again, the detented spools are reversed rotation
  • I need to figure out which circuits I want detents on ... frt right for sure but which on mid or rear.
If I do have to pull mine out Gabby, I'll just pick up a 3 lever spool and go through it before putting it back in. That way I can get rid of the lockout valve and have a dedicated control lever for the 3PH.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
That is what I am doing with the 318 but project came to a standstill because I have too many projects in process.

On your tractor that would give you a third function for something like a grapple on the bucket. I borrow neighbors bucket with grapple at my rural property for my skid steer. Sure works nice cleaning up brush. Works better than compact excavator with thumb.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
H3 is a nice feature to have. I keep trying to figure out and think of ways that an H3 would be handy on a machine that has a loader with it’s own pump and 2 way spool valve.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I would like to be able to work my TPH independent of the mower deck with seperate levers ... is that too much to ask? :LOL::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 😁

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gabby,
The 3/8" compression fittings should work fine at garden tractor system pressure, did it many times in past. Much easier and faster than making 37° double flare (that doesn't leak).

Nice story on H3 conversion.
These were high pressure hydraulic compression T's made for this application Gabby. Not ordinary automotive or plumbing T's. No leaks in entire system.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
Finished installing 3PH on 332 today so need to move to another unfinished project. Still have open issue with powder coat company and parts for the 140 so will do some more work with the 318. Need to finish installing H3 setup and engine back in this tractor.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
The other 3 parts I took to powder coat business were the engine side shields and the fender deck from this 318. The business butchered the parts. I have tried to work with the company because I need a local powder coat business to finish parts parts for me. I have never complained about cost or quality from this company until now. New owner will not talk to me. All I can do is throw them under the bus. Members beware of Link Hydraulic/Coating LLC in Dubuque, IA. My experience with new ownership has not been good.

Anyone up Madison way have a powder coat business giving them good service?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hate to hear that gabby. Good luck on the hunt for a new powdercoater. Be sure they sandblast and powder. If they don’t, leave.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Called the store owner this morning and got answering machine again. Left message I needed a phone call today!

I remained cool not like I did in store a couple of days ago. Bottom line is they are looking into full refund. I am still the looser. I get my money back but still have damaged parts.

Oh well, time to move on.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Do you have any custom builders of motorcycles in your area? They are always having parts powdered. Maybe they can give you a lead on a good one. I picked up my recent build Thursday afternoon from powder. Turned out nice. I built the cage, bumpers and roof on this new can am x3.

• Love
Reactions: jd_joe

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
None that I know of. Most just use paint.

Can these parts be sanded to rough up the surface then spray paint?

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Yes, BUT! I'd experiment with an undersurface first. I believe powder coat is a polymer based paint and you may need a paint that will adhere to plastic. You may be apply to prime with a plastic type primer and then top coat with a JD green paint... I doubt is that's available in a "plastic" paint. Let primer sit for recommended drying time and then rub HARD with some type of cloth to determine if primer has bonded to polymer coating. If it seems solid, top coat and repeat cloth rub to be sure top coat bonds to primer!

I'm thinking you're going to need lots of primer and then fine sanding to fit all the pits you have. Once pits are filled and sanded smooth, your normal top coat will come out flawless... as it always does. Best of luck, Bob

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
Agree with you Bob about there being a "plastic" JD Green paint available. I annihilated (ran over) my Hamm's beer cooler. Bought one at Dads estate auction that someone painted the lids black. If Dad painted these I am sure he used the best spray paint that $.79 can buy. It is adhering well to the plastic lids. Have intended to sand them to rough up the black surface and then paint JD green. If it turns out to be a disaster I just won't tell anyone. I'm sure we all have those days.

There are plenty of under side surfaces on engine side shields and fender decks. Will probably sand and paint underside of one of the shields to see how it turns out.

Reactions: rwmeyer

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
Decided parts will be used as is. This morning I mounted the tail lights in the fender deck. I replaced original light unit with 1156 bulb with LED light. Needed to make some modifications. First two photos show the wiring getting pinched using original mounting.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Gadget Camera accessory Audio equipment Rectangle Cable
I drilled new hole in the backing plate to keep the wiring from being damaged.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door Peripheral Luggage and bags Gadget Adapter Bag
And this is how it looks installed.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Trunk

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
I want to mount the flip over seat base and new seat. It will then get mounted after the hydraulics are connected. Final step is decals and foot pads. Seat base needs paint. Will post more photos when seat is mounted.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
Brother and nephew are home from Ohio and stopped by the house today. Work stopped on the 318. I have an early Dr. appointment in the morning then hope I can get the seat base for the 318 painted. Have other work I want to get done also.

Reactions: MiniHomesteader
181 - 200 of 216 Posts