Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting for John Deere Tractor
1986 John Deere 330 diesel riding tractor with brand new 48” mower deck. Located in Shrewsbury, NJ. This was Deere's original diesel lawn tractor and has a 3 cylinder Yanmar diesel engine and hydrostatic drive. Mower deck raises and lowers hydraulically. Many attachments that fit other similar models will also fit the 330 model as well (attachments requiring H2 Hydraulics are not compatible).

The tractor has 1,057 hours and is in good condition. Still runs great. Moving and need to sell. Original owner’s manual included.

$3,000.

Additional specs and history about the tractor found here.
https://grresto.com/blog-john-deere-330/

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
John, Your are right about the 430, but I think what he is saying is lawn tractor. The 430 is really in a class by itself and I believe was first introduced in 83. The 330 was also a large step above just a mower, but not a 430. They were a short production run of under a year, and replaced quickly by the 332 with twin hydro and left and right braking. Certainly the first in that size class to have the diesel. Nice low hour unit -- good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
You're right on with it being the first diesel lawn tractor, Bob. The 430 was much bigger and aimed at a different part of the market.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I am under the impression the 330 was missing power steering as well unlike the 332

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The 330 does not have power steering, no separate brakes, no working taillights and the diesel engine is shut down using a manual pull cable (not with the ignition switch).

Reactions: N2 Tractors

·
Registered
759 Posts
One of the only little Deere I ever owned and sold, I miss! Great Machine, I don't know what it was about it , But I just loved one I had. This one with low hours and new deck, last another life time for some who would take little care of it. Hope it gets a Good Home! Good Luck with its sale..

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts