I started working on the tractor today so figured I needed to start a post to keep track of work completed on tractor and loader. Plan is to remove the loader from the 318 and install on my 332. My 332 currently has a CTC loader which will be removed and installed on this 318. The 318 and loader are currently advertised for sale.
1987 JD 318 tractor
1987 JD 318 tractor
- s/n M00318X424191
- By s/n tractor is a 1987 with P218 engine (1987 s/n break for P218 engine is 420000)
- Hour meter on tractor has not worked for long time period. Meter reads 206 hours.
- Ag lug tires on rear with non-Deere wheel weights
- Front tires are heavily cracked and need replacement.
- Seller told me starter needs replacement and front oil seal leaks and needs replacement.
- Hood is from an open frame 316.
- Headlight wiring is unplugged and plug on headlight harness has been chopped.
- Left rear tail light is missing ... right rear needs attention.
- Oil leak has left tractor a huge oily mess.
- This post will be updated with as purchased information as I work on the tractor.
- Update ... Rear tires have tubes but are not fluid filled. Correction: Right rear has a tube, Left rear is tubeless.
- Update ... Battery in tractor appears to be usable.
- Loader needs some TLC also.
- No parking stands.
- Rear brace (PT9238) and hardware is missing.
- Brace can be easily fabricated.
- Hardware is 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- Mount brace missing 2 pieces of hardware
- Hardware is 1/2" x 1 3/4"
- Bucket level tube kit is missing.
- Rear U-bolts (PT9242) missing
- Cutting edge on bucket has been replaced.
- Needs some attention.
- Right side boom cylinder has leaked oil on trailer bed.
- Appears rod seal is leaking.
- This post will also be updated as work is completed on the loader.
- Pump Reference Information:
- the 300 series hydraulic pump is Parker Hannifin model D17AA2A for the 300 version ... pump has a flow rate of 5.25 gallons per minute at 3350 RPMs with a pressure rating of 1000 PSI ... The D17AA2A has a displacement .404 cubic inch per revolution.
- For the 400 series, pump is D22AA1A ... 4.5 gallons per minute at 2000 RPMs with a pressure rating of 1200PSI for the 400 series
- NAPA belt part number 4L360W (36" x 1/2") is replacement for PT12320 Deere belt for 332 which is NLA from Deere.