This morning I drained the oil from the reservoir.
- Suction hose clamps were loose like most other parts on this tractor/loader. That was reason for leakd.
- Red dye in the oil was clean but I needed to do this just to make sure it was acceptable for use. Will refill with Deere Lo-Vis Hygard oil.
- There is a crack in the upper reservoir mount that will need weld repair. I did not want to remove control valve plumbing but will probably need to do so. Since reservoir is being removed I will repaint it before reinstalling.
- Need to remove pressure hose at oil pump so I can clean and paint pump mounting brackets.
- No photos to post at this time but will get some when it is reassembled.
- No fuel line connected to fuel pump.
- Starter is laying in frame disconnected from engine. Don't know what that means other than I need to pull the engine to fix the problem.
- Clean oil in engine. Everything is extremely oily so mega clean up will be required.
- I did not see any cracks in the oil pan but the oil fill seal is peeling and will probably need replacement.
- I don't want to put a lot of money into this engine until I am sure it runs so probably means I need to pull engine to fix starter issue then reinstall and get it running. Then is runs fine will need to pull the engine again to do the rest of the work. I love doing things twice.
- Air filter not filthy but needs replacement if engine runs.
- I will be honest, I do not think the loader was ever used on on this tractor because of the poor/loose mounting.