Weekend Freedom Machines banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Need to run down and talk to Denny to see when he is available to some welding work for me. Bucket and pump mounting bracket are ready to go. Need to ask him is I need to remove the reservoir to fix the crack in the reservoir mount.

I did not order oil fill gauge from Surplus Center would be a nice option.Has anyone installed one of these. Do you need internal access for mounting bolts?

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
I did not order oil fill gauge from Surplus Center would be a nice option.Has anyone installed one of these. Do you need internal access for mounting bolts?
Someone on this forum did put some fittings in the reservoir and connected them with some vinyl clear hose to use as a sight gauge. Here is one link.sight glass

Reactions: gabby_in_wis

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Need to get the reservoir off the loader and to Denny for a weld repair before Surplus Center parts arrive so I can mount the loader on the 332. Painting the bucket is going to use up 2-3 cans of spray paint.

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
Do you have one of those 'spray-can-helper-triggers' so your finger doesn't go dead one you. A little spray can work is not bad, a lot is painful!

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I have seen those. I think I even bought one some time ago and found it to be poor quality so back to using my finger.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Email from UPS says Surplus Center parts are being delivered tomorrow.

·
Registered
1989 318
1,420 Posts
Yeah, I tried one of the spray-can-helpers once and was not impressed, seemed liked it flexed too much. Someone probably makes a good one??

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Surplus Center parts arrived this afternoon. Inventoried parts. Shame on me. I ordered incorrect reservoir to filter head adapter. Should have been 3/4" NPT male to 3/4" NPT male. I ordered 3/4" to 1/2". I should be able to get correct adapter locally. As soon as I find adapter I can start working on loader again.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Was going to submit another order to Surplus Center for adapter but the shipping cost was a killer. Adapter is $2.13 Shipping UPS is $12 ... USPS is $8.00. Will definitely try to find locally. Even Deere dealer can't be that bad.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I was able to the correct adapter locally. Now I can go back to work on the loader.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts