Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks,

I have a 1989 John Deere 318 for sale. It has a new seat from last year, good tires (new front), and runs and mows well. The deck is a 48" John Deere replacement deck with 1 yr old gator mulchers. I've owned this for two years and it mows my hills like a champ. Like anything this old, it has a few issues that keep it from being perfect, these are: The guy who owned it before me painted it JD green and did a crappy job. It smokes a little after you run it a while - I suspect valve guides as I just ran a compression test and it was 120+, 125 - like a new one. It creeps forward a little in neutral - it's an adjustment I haven't made. The body panels are pretty good saving the crazy bad paint job, but the grill has been bent and straightened. The choke is out of adjustment, I think. Hours claim to be around 400, but that would have to be wrong. I don't claim it's low hours - I claim someone replaced the hour meter even though I don't really know. It's bone stock. No extras come with it because I don't have any. Why would a grown man who HAS and LOVES his 318 sell the darn thing? Well, there was this dude who lost his job and had a nice looking '88 model I couldn't resist. It's bone stock too, but pretty clean looking.

I'll get some pix up here in the next couple of days. Yes Mr. Cheapskate, I am flexible on the price, but $2100 is what I paid for it, hence that's where we begin. Overall this is a nice mower. On looks I give it a 7 from ten feet away and a 6 once you get closer. It is easily restored if you're into that sort of thing, or you can just take it home and go straight to mowing your acreage with it. It's a great lawnmower, I have loved using it. I am located in central Oklahoma.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts