Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'91 430 with 3 point, rear pto & '89 430 with 3 point
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this tractor in 2012. It had been refurbished by the previous owner. It runs excellent and looks nice. It currently shows 925 hours on the meter, but will increase because I'm still using it. I can not speak for the previous owner, but the meter has always worked since I've owned it. It needs nothing! Everything works as it should. I have used it primarily for mowing, maintaining a gravel driveway and occasionally moving trailers around. I added a very strong, fabricated 3 point hitch (instructions from this website) and is identical dimension wise to a factory 3 point. It has a 50" mower that I replaced all the bearings and belt on last season. I am including a 4' box blade (needs painting but works fine). I will also include a set of John Deere vinyl coated rear wheel weights. The receiver hitch in the photos is NOT INCLUDED. I still need it for my other tractor to move my trailer around. Feel free to PM me for contact information. Located in Louisville KY.

IMG_2429.jpg
IMG_2438.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice looking 430 .... I know you said the receiver hitch is not for sale, but could you tell me where you got it or who makes it unless you have a spare one you might sell? That is what I am hunting for my 420 along with a front weight bracket too!
Any info would be a big help.
Thanks

Lew

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking 430 .... I know you said the receiver hitch is not for sale, but could you tell me where you got it or who makes it unless you have a spare one you might sell? That is what I am hunting for my 420 along with a front weight bracket too!
Any info would be a big help.
Thanks

Lew
That is one that I fabricated. I can use it for weights, receiver hitch and also for a set of pallet forks I fabricated. Works well for my needs! Can’t believe I haven’t had any interest in thIs tractor. I’m still open to reasonable offers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you actually used the rear PTO and because it is a 2000RPM are attachments more difficult to come by i.e a tiller?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tractor being sold does not have a rear PTO. The other tractor I have does have a rear pto and I use it with a JD tiller.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Gorgeous looking tractor for roughly 30ish years old. I agree, surprising you are not even getting nibbles let alone interested buyers. Though, I have no idea what a reasonable price is in your neck of the woods. Someone a while ago said the 430's are wanted by guys who have an interest in those older machines - and lets face it, we are a dying breed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Super nice looking tractor. Someday I would like to get a 430. That appears to be a good deal for a nice machine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gorgeous looking tractor for roughly 30ish years old. I agree, surprising you are not even getting nibbles let alone interested buyers. Though, I have no idea what a reasonable price is in your neck of the woods. Someone a while ago said the 430's are wanted by guys who have an interest in those older machines - and lets face it, we are a dying breed.
What do you mean .... dying breed? I will not speak for anyone else but I am NOT dead yet! Keep those old tractors running and looking good. Nuthin runs like a Deere!

·
Registered
44 Posts
What do you mean .... dying breed? I will not speak for anyone else but I am NOT dead yet! Keep those old tractors running and looking good. Nuthin runs like a Deere!
The biggest cause of death is birth. If you are not dead yet (and I suspect you are not since you have been making these posts), then of course you are dying. Some of us do so more slowly than others. If you read that other discussion about 430's the author made the point that few of the youngsters are interested in old machines, and the 430 in particular which was described as the last of the heavy duty garden tractors. It weighed over 1,000 lbs (1100+ I believe) and what came after this one tipped the scales at 900+ and lighter. I'm not arguing how fleet of foot your tractor(s) is, only why you did not sell it immediately.

Conventional wisdom says that something that is priced high will sell slowly, but if it is comparatively inexpensive it will sell much more quickly. KBB for autos says to adjust the price for your area; it is known that their numbers are averages. I'm not suggesting you give your tractor away, but if you want to get rid of it, lower the price. At some point you will have a dozen guys on this forum fighting over it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts