Weekend Freedom Machines banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
318 with broken rod on p218 motor. $500 OBO. 50" mower $250 OBO. Would like to sell as complete tractor. Local pickup. Zip code 12771.

Have more pictures if wanted.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Does it have a rear pto, or just the toggle switch?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Does it have a rear pto, or just the toggle switch?
I did not see rear pto but will look again. Here's picture of back of tractor.

It has brackets for what I think was a Model 30 hyd. tiller, based on part numbers but that's it. If it stops raining here I will double check.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took another picture and it has shaft out the back with electrical plug. I'm assuming this is rear transfer case, but do not see rear pto attachment (#st552450) as per parts catalog pc1924.

·
Super Moderator
3,562 Posts
I took another picture and it has shaft out the back with electrical plug. I'm assuming this is rear transfer case, but do not see rear pto attachment (#st552450) as per parts catalog pc1924.
The shaft you see sticking out is part of the transmission. The rear PTO has a part that slides on this shaft. The other end is where the engine is connected.
Also the wire you see is part of the light circuit that goes to the rear lights in the fender deck.
And there are two sets of brackets are for the 30 hydraulic tiller. One set is of the rockshaft and the other set are bolted underneath the tractor. They are whats missing on my tiller, the reason it was converted to 3 pt mount.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The shaft you see sticking out is part of the transmission. The rear PTO has a part that slides on this shaft. The other end is where the engine is connected.
Also the wire you see is part of the light circuit that goes to the rear lights in the fender deck.
And there are two sets of brackets are for the 30 hydraulic tiller. One set is of the rockshaft and the other set are bolted underneath the tractor. They are whats missing on my tiller, the reason it was converted to 3 pt mount.
Thanks for the clarification. The shaft is what they call rear transfer according to JD Parts which, I think is purchased for the rear PTO and not part of original tractor.
The plug in the close up is for the PTO, I think. From there, there is another pigtail that connects to two other plugs for the PTO. In the picture of the rear end I posted in original post, you can see the lights wiring hanging down.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'd take it for the asking price but 3 hours one way is bit much with a rental. I'd move the good onan I have in my 316 to make a good 318.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd take it for the asking price but 3 hours one way is bit much with a rental. I'd move the good onan I have in my 316 to make a good 318.
PM sent.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tractor and mower deck are sold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.