Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a friend today, and he is looking for a 2, 3, or 4 cylinder diesel to put in an off color tractor this winter. I told him I’d look for one for him. He’s open to many options, so let me know what you have. He’s in Griswold, which is in SW Iowa.
Thanks!!
Garrett

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I have a Zennoth B7001. It is a grey market tractor I picked up years ago. Runs and drives. 4 spd high/low transmission and 4 wd. Includes tiller. Engine is same Yanmar as in Deere 332. Has 3ph and rear blade.

It would be a reason to get me out in your territory again. $3000 delivered

I can get photos tomorrow.

Reactions: Garrett L

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Garrett, Have your friend look around for a place that repairs/services refrigeration units for tractor trailers. I came across a free air compressor that had a 15hp 3 phase motor on it. I then found a refer unit with a 20hp diesel. A few mechanical mods, a battery, and fuel and it worked great. I paid $600 for the refer unit...20 years ago. Bob

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Garrett, dark when I took photo last night. Need more?

Just read your PM that friend only wants engine. You had some questions about tractor.

Here it is ... Gabby

BTW ... trailer in background is the one we repaired lights on that night in your shop. Still working perfectly. You, your brother, and I make a good repair team.

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That should do it, Gabby. Thanks! I’ll ask my other neighbor, and see if he might be interested in the whole tractor. But there is another member who has an engine that he would like to sell, so I’ll see how that works out.
Otherwise, Bob, I think that’s a good idea! I know of a couple places that might have some refer units, so that will be the next place to look.
Gabby, I’m glad those lights are still working!
Thanks again,
Garrett

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a Yanmar two cylinder today from a fellow member. Thank you Jeff!! It was nice meeting you, and I really appreciate you bringing that engine from MN to here.
Garrett

1 - 6 of 6 Posts