Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 235 AND THE DRIVE PULLEY APPEARS TO BE FROZE UP. IT IS THE PULLEY WHICH SITS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE MOTOR. ENGINE STILL RUNS FINE BUT TRACTOR WILL NOT MOVE. I CAN FORCE THE PULLEY TO TURN WITH MY HANDS AND A LOT OF PRESSURE. WHAT DO YOU GUYS SUGGEST IS THE PROBLEM AND THE FIX. THANKS, BRETT

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Brett, the pulley should have a square key that drives it. It just sits in the keyway of the crankshaft and the keyway in the pulley. Can't imagine how it could shear into in that application but it is possible. Also if you have taken the electric clutch off, the key may have fallen out. The clutch and it's retaining bolt hold the drive pulley in place.
Remove the belt and the pulley to see what's going on. Hope the crankshaft has not been damaged with the loose pulley.

tommyhawk

·
Registered
62 Posts
The pulley on the trans is splined and the splines in the pulley will wear out and slip. A new pulley will fix it. the shaft in the trans is harder and I haven't ever seen one bad. But you are saying the motor pulley isn't turning? Haven't ever seen that.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have tried a couple times to make a good hitch system for my 212 but never really seemed to work like one similar to a 300 series tractor. I thought I would ask some people who have made 3 point hitches before I try and make another one.
I have a couple implements for my 316 and would like to use them on my 212.

Could I please have picture of your hitches also?
Ben

·
Registered
1987 John Deere 332. One of one with all upgrades
919 Posts
Someone did this build for their 200 series before. It turned out really nice.
http://www.wfmachines.com/discus/messages/335/120715.html
Something to keep in mind though is the weight of the attachments if you have a manual lift without helper spring. I gave in pretty quick and bought a helper spring after trying to lift the 31 tiller. Haven't been able to try it out though yet.
Ryan

·
Registered
402 Posts
I built myself one that works really nice. I have the hydraulic lift on my 214 ('77) and it handles the 3 PT well. I had put the drawings in the Gallery on the old WFM Site that were downloadable PDF format. I will have to do some digging and see if I can scrounge them up.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Here are some of the build pictures.

This is a 72 inch blade I use for maintaining the drive way.

A front weight bracket comes in handy with the 3 PT

At one point Terry Reid was going to be working on a drawing that would become part of the WMF Files so anyone who wanted could down load the drawings and build one or have it built at a machine / welding shop. I have found the PDF drawings!!!! I can email them if you would like.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.