Weekend Freedom Machines banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 Open Forum ARCHIVE

262K views 4K replies 644 participants last post by  Bweaver7734 
#1 ·
This thread contains all posts from the old site under 2010 Open Forum archive. This topic is now closed.

#254 ·
OK I'm new to this. My question is I just purchased a John Deere 332 well today I opened the radiator cap and discovered that there is white stuff built up on the inside of the radiator this brings me to my next question how do I know if my radiator coolant is where it should be? When I look inside the radiator should I see coolant at the top? Thanks James

#255 ·
Jame – I don’t know what the white stuff is, but this is what I would do. Drain the radiator and flush the system like you would a car or truck. Get a 50/50 mix of anti-freeze and refill to about ½ inch from the top. Start up and run a few minutes and check the level again, you may have to repeat the last step a few times.

Good luck with your 332, great machines and the sound cool too.

#257 ·
Jame – Yes, you should be able to see the coolant.

On every tractor I own I have torn them down to the frame and gone through everything including having the radiator on my 332 & 430 boiled out and pressure tested for leaks. I wasn’t sure how far you wanted to go with yours, so I just made a suggestion to get you started.

I would suggest you get Operators Manual OMM79602 & Technical Manual 1591for the 332. Good bedtime reading.
The TM for the diesel engine is CTM3 if you want that one too.

#259 ·
Jame,
The 332 should be just like a car. As mentioned,drain and flush the radiator but I would recommend you refill with John Deere Cool-Gard II pre-mix. It contains additives that are specifically designed for diesel engines. I suspect the white stuff is foam from running the coolant low.

#260 ·
Jame,
If the white stuff you see is a crust the coolant went beyond the boiling point from being to low or other possibilities. You can also also use an extended life coolant and get a DCA (Diesel Coolant Adative) which might save a little cash. You can also get test strips to test the DCA level in your existing coolant before you change it to see if it was a good coolant. If a coolant that was not for a diesel was put in it will also cause the white stuff.

#265 ·
Mike,
Sorry that I offended the Forum Gods. I was not selling, just trying to pass info along to other members. That is why I did not post pic and referenced the other post which was also removed. I will try posting in for sale section. I am aware of the rules just didn't realize it was getting this nit picky.

#266 ·
Ok, so I got the radiator off I'm going to take it to the radaitor shop in the morn to have it cleaned. While I was removing the radiator I discovered that the fan belt is in really bad shape. My question is how do I get the drive shaft bolts out of the rubber housing I have fought with them
? Do I remove the four bolts or just the three that are connected to the dive shaft? Thanks for all the help James

#269 ·
It happens often with new found authority. I call it the "Wyatt Earp syndrome". Realizing they have the power they have to exercise it to convince everyone how important they are. It's a mind game thing - once they realize no one is impressed - and how petty it makes them look they usually back off. Of course some are so self impressed they are unable to realize.

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.