Weekend Freedom Machines banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 Open Forum ARCHIVE

262K views 4K replies 644 participants last post by  Bweaver7734 
#1 ·
This thread contains all posts from the old site under 2010 Open Forum archive. This topic is now closed.

#654 ·
Jim and Pete,

I found a thread in the following forum that I would like to use:

Weekend Freedom Machines » Restoration and Repair Forum » John Deere and Allied Attachments » JD planter row units

I would like some input from the moderators.

The planters will be mounted onto a 318.
Spaced at around 30 inches on 4"x4" bar 48" wide.
Rail openers instead of double disk openers.
Planters will not use 3-point, instead I will attempt to use the same mounting scheme the 30" hydraulic tiller uses.
The restoration will not include a complete new paint job but focus on what I am finding and I have some issues already.

#656 ·
Mark,

That defroster sucks up 13 amps of 12 volt power, or about 150% of what most of the tractors are designed to supply on a continuous basis.

If you use it for very short durations and have a group 22 or larger battery in near new condition (i.e. not a 322/332 with a U1 size...) then you may get away with it. JMHO...

Chuck

#660 ·
Hello again.....Now that i have new skids..wear bar and belt on im ready to move some snow with this 37a.....HOWEVER im noticing a weight issue...not enough of it....i have rear wheel weights..and im .....well.....215#....but down pressure on the blower is not there.....is there anyway to put weight on the front/blower to help carv up some of the packed snow?

#664 ·
First post:
Need help to figure out what to buy. Have new house, small lot big driveway with lots of snow to move, Northern IL, and slightly sloped driveway that I need to move boat and utility trailers in and out of, much easier with tractor than car. Due to small yard don't need huge deck nor want to spend tons of bucks. Ideas?

Thanks

Bill H.

#665 ·
WELCOME Bill. For the area you've described, and if you're mechanically inclined, I'd say buy a John Deere 140 H3 from the 1970-1974 era. The hydraulics make adding a snow blower ideal.The 14 horse power will easily handle your boat (with either a 3-point or integral hitch). They generally handle a 48 inch mower deck. Lots of power and adaptability. Check out the For Sale Classifieds here on the forum
...Elliott

#673 ·
I'm going to try this again to make it my 300th post.
Since this is my 300th post I wanted to post a picture of my 300 John Deere project. I have seen some pictures of completed 300s and hopefully I can make mine look as nice.

To anybody that reads this, have a great day.
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.