Weekend Freedom Machines banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 Open Forum ARCHIVE

263K views 4K replies 644 participants last post by  Bweaver7734 
#1 ·
This thread contains all posts from the old site under 2010 Open Forum archive. This topic is now closed.

#755 ·
Doug and Andy

What is the advantage of a notched coulter over a smooth one?

AJ

#758 ·
Thank You Jim good explanation.
So is it fine to run a notched coulter all of the time then?
Or do you switch out between notched and smooth depending on field conditions?

Drew

You are having way too much fun for February.
AJ

#759 ·
Can you buy the gasket in the valve portion of the sediment bowl on a 65 110? Is it made from cork? Mine was leaking and when I disassembled it the gasket just crumbled so I threw it away. Wish I wouldn't have now since I can't seem to find one. The replacement sediment bowls look so cheap, I'd rather fix this one. Adam

#766 ·
Hey Gang,

Here is the 23hp Vanguard I re-powered my '81 400 with back in November. I'm working on a full write-up on all of the changes I had to make to the Kit SEW sent with it and the changes I made to make it work and look the way I wanted it. You can see a few of the changes in some of the pic's but I will go into full detail in the Restoration/Repair Forum. After working out the bugs, I am very pleased with Vanguard.
Later,
Preston

#769 ·
Hey Doug...Nice set up with that notched coulter. Jeff did a fine job once again. Hope to see you & Rick in Alabama

Hey Jimmy...Your 314 really looks SHARP. I'm lookin' forward to seeing you & Jim Brown get those beauties "soiled-up" in Bama on May 1st. Don't forget to mark your October calendars for our Mayfield Farm Show & Plow Day, Oct. 29 & 30. Jimmy for you it'll be 3 1/2 hours closer to your home

Hey Drew...Looks like you've already been beatin' us into the plow field with that Brinly disc set. Don't forget to save us some dirt
...Elliott

#774 ·
Ok Guys, I'm looking at getting a Tilt dump MSC. Problem is it was originaly set up for a single pully PTO. I have a 2000 rpm PTO. I have also located the drive parts that will work with my PTO. My question is Will I have to do any other alterations to the MSC? ie Shafts, shives...

Shaner

#776 ·
Hi, I was using my 318 today and the positive battery clamp cracked 90 degrees from the cable connection (if the cable connection is at 9 and the clamp bolt is at 12). As luck would have it, we may be getting a storm on Thursday that will need me to plow the drive. Am I crazy for thinking of taking a small c-clamp to squeeze the battery clamp at the 2 o'clock and 8 o'clock position to get me through the storm. No time to get to the store for a new cable, pull the engine, and replace the current. The hood is off, so I can watch the connection and there is nothing that should hit the clamp for a possible short.

Thanks
Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.