Weekend Freedom Machines banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 Open Forum ARCHIVE

262K views 4K replies 644 participants last post by  Bweaver7734 
#1 ·
This thread contains all posts from the old site under 2010 Open Forum archive. This topic is now closed.

#3,132 ·
Jim, the manual angle kit works pretty well if it is assembled correctly. I bought mine used and it had apparently been wrong from the get-go. I didn't know better but after I took it apart to paint, I assembled the bits differently and it works a lot better.

The hydraulic conversion in that thread was difficult, but the guy who did the conversion wanted it to look as original as possible from the outside. That contributed to the difficulty, but it was nicely done.

#3,138 ·
Finally got one of my 140's going and put her to work right away. It is a 1972 H1 that runs pretty sweet after a lot of adjusting, cleaning, and a tune up. The hood was totally trashed and I bought her in pieces but overall this tractor is very solid, even came with an awesome deck that appears to be almost new. This tractor will be my dedicated yard tug. Adam

#3,143 ·
BTW, I'm very impressed with the WFM community.. What great gentlemen we have out there that make this hobby worth it! After seeing old rusty RF PTO covers with price tags of $50, and a #20 compressor for $2500, it can make a guy ask himself if its really worth it..

That was an easy answer for me after doing some parking lot purchases with Josh Drew (great kid and even offered my son Gummy JD fruit snacks..) I also met up with Kyle Adams, and that guy is full of class.. I picked up a 3speed 63 and he let me mow around with it and kick the tires before paying.. I left both transactions thinking VERY HIGHLY of these guys.. I also loved how Glen Peterson acts like a 16 year old kid with a new car when he gets to take his tractor out for a full pull and plows up ground 3 times faster than everyone else.. Oh and not to be out done by Paul Dyers who is one heck of a gas station salesman.. Yeah I'm kicking myself today for not buying that, Paul.. Many others worth noting, but I won't keep rambling.. It was great guys!
I'm glad to share the hobby with you WFM-ers![/COLOR]}

JS63 guys, not 1963 -110

#3,146 ·
The Drew boys had JD fruit snacks and I missed out on them!

I did get a beef stick though

Wish we would have had our 11am meeting like we planned, maybe next year we can try again.

#3,148 ·
Well, as always had a great time at Little G, got to meet a lot of fine people (put some faces with names)and see some beautifully restored tractors and equipment.

Paul, I can't believe I missed you and your Minnie B, been waiting for months to see that sweet little thing. Next year I guess?

Matt, I have to tell you by the time things were all cleaned up I was a long way from feeling like a 16 yr. old.

Thanks to all for the compliments on the 4x4, this kind of plowing is much more fun than when I was farming. Thanks again Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.