Weekend Freedom Machines banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 Open Forum ARCHIVE

262K views 4K replies 644 participants last post by  Bweaver7734 
#1 ·
This thread contains all posts from the old site under 2010 Open Forum archive. This topic is now closed.

#3,253 ·
last night while i was at the local tractor pull, the keystone mini v-8 modifieds where there. when out of the corner of my eye, i seen this john deere 4300. let me tell you it was awesome. i'm not going to say i believe every word the owner told me about it, but he said, its a 3 cylinder ford diesel engine that is putting out 600 rear wheel h.p. i was excited to see the diesel clean up on the gas engines, but it was beat by a similar looking cub cadet. as these tractor grow in popularity, i will be going to watch them. the owner of the deere told me that the yanmar engine wouldn't take the pressure of that much h.p. i can't say i believe that. i didn't get a chance to talk to the owner of the cub. i would love to know what he had under the hood.

#3,255 ·
Reese,

Not exactly what you mean by a "check mark" position on the ignition switch on the 322 -- both of my pedestal labels show the positions named as ACC (for accessory...) STOP, RUN and START, and these names are consistent with what is in the wiring diagrams, etc.

Here is a view if the M72033 decal for the pedestal that should be just above the key switch on your tractor, taken from the PC2149 parts catalog illustration. Sorry for the poor line resolution, but you should be able to see what it says...

Chuck

#3,257 ·
Reese,

Odd, you seem to have a decal on your tractor from the 430 model, where the position at the extreme counter clockwise rotation of the key was a 'test' position to verify the dash lights on that model tractor.

That part number is M90140, found in the PC1997 parts catalog and looks like this:

Hope this helps solve your little puzzle...

Chuck

#3,259 ·
Reese,

Well -- I got up from my computer and checked my tractor's pedestal and guess what? My 1992 322 tractor has that same decal with the check mark! It would seem that Deere had used it on the later 322 tractors.

The schematic shows the ACC terminal of the key switch to be connected to the battery in either the ACC position or the RUN position as shown in the diagram below, although nothing is normally connected to that terminal.

Chuck

#3,264 ·
This is my first season mowing with a newly acquired 430 and 60" deck. When fully raised, the deck is only about 2" above the normal mowing height. I have taken up all the play on the adjustable lift links and there seems to be no way to get it to raise further even though there appears to be room between the top of the deck and the frame. I would think it should raise another 2-3".

Is my situation normal? My only clue that things are not as they should be is that I believe the previous owner got the deck from another model tractor (400?) although the deck looks like one of the decks pictured in the online JD parts manual and fits and operates fine is all other respects.

I welcome any thoughts.

Jim

#3,265 ·
Got to playing with a new toy today we got a high def. video camera and I made a few short videos with it that I put on you tube. Check them out if you want but make sure you play them in high def. or 720p we show the black 332 and a few other tractors in the video you can see all the dirt and dog hair on the tractor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aj6LUW-cGM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOnkI8_tayU

To see in high def you click the 360p and change to 720p

We got this camera to use at plow days and post video links of them to show all you guys.

#3,266 ·
David C. The 44 is the same between the 430 and the 420 with the exception of the sub frames. I own a 420 but I bought a model 44 loader off a 430 so I will have to cut out 6" of the subframes to make it fit on my 420. I did post for a trade of sub frames a month or two ago in the classified but never heard from anyone...
The 3xx models differs on pump mounts, relief valves and subframes from the 4xx series.

#3,272 ·
Tom F,

Steve is right, the insulated wire just runs in the channel provided in the back of the meter. This meter is an AMP Meter and works by induced current, it is not a volt meter. It indicates current in either direction (hence the center position when no current is being sensed) so it can show both discharge and charging currents.

Chuck

#3,273 ·
Mike Duwe, the back-hoe and loader are based on PF plans, with a bit of modification here and there to meet my needs, and ideas I picked up from browsing thru the WFM archives.

Jay Dorsett, the hoe and loader have come in very handy. It's nice to have a smaller machine that fits in tight spaces. I have a bigger tractor and loader, but rarely use it anymore, now that I have the smaller version. A post hole digger would be handy as well. Might have to think about that. It would probably take a pretty good pump to handle the torque required.

Steve

#3,275 ·
Steve and John,
Thanks for the kind words. My son Alan (who posts under my name as well) does the bulk of the painting. We did the 110 and 112 mostly with JD rattle cans but have since bought a compressor, gun and other equipment and do the job in the driveway when weather permits. We now have seven tractors and lots of accessories so will not add any more unless we ship one out to one of the other children or grandchildren or sell one. Routine maintenance on these plus my other lawn equipment is now a big job. Always some little thing needing to be done and the older I get the longer it takes.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.