Weekend Freedom Machines banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 Open Forum ARCHIVE

262K views 4K replies 644 participants last post by  Bweaver7734 
#1 ·
This thread contains all posts from the old site under 2010 Open Forum archive. This topic is now closed.

#2 ·
I just went and got my serial numbers from my 212 and the mower deck. I wanted to register the tractor for my donation to the end of year count. Mower deck has a cool serial number. After looking at it pretty close, I am thinking the deck is going to need some sheet metal work.

455555M almost all 5's

#8 ·
Jimmy you can't bore it that far as the wall thickness varies with the bore sizes when the blocks were cast. They were cast different and are not all the same casting even thought most of the other parts will interchange. You would probably end up with a thin casting and have problems. 14 HP K321 blocks are not hard to find. Roger

#9 ·
Ed, I shoot base-clear and single stage acrylic enamel with mine and I use a 1.4 tip. I use 60 to 65 psi at the gun because it cuts down on the "orange peel". The smaller the tip, the less air pressure at the gun, The bigger the tip, the more air pressure. If you don't care about orange peel, use whatever you feel comfortable with. Please keep in mind that if you are using a gauge on the wall and not on the gun, you will lose 10 to 15 psi for every 50ft of hose. Also, if you have a "cheater valve" instead of a diaphram style regulator, pull the trigger back to the first stop to get a true reading on your gauge. Remember High Volume Low Pressure does not mean low inlet pressure. Sorry for the long winded post. Jim

#10 ·
Jimmy, If you don't mind a short and explosive engine life, you can bore them out and put a block girdle on them like the pullers do. So far as I know there was only one situation where you could bore out a Kohler engine to a larger size. Some of the K241's were made from K301 castings. They would have K241 on the shroud but K301 on the block. Those could be bored out to the K301 diameter.

#18 ·
Ed,

My original (tired) 67 110 has a green frame and the 66 110 "user" in the garage also has a green frame. For what that is worth...

#23 ·
Bought a 49 blower today. It's seen better days and needs some TLC. I had to pay way too much for it.

But it came with a 1989 318 with a replacement LX770 Onan and a model 48 deck.

The 318 shows 2600hrs on the clock and the tractor shows it. Other than needing the starter improvement kit everything seems to work fine. Sparks flew out of the chain cover on the blower when I engaged the PTO, so I bet it needs some lube. The tech at the dealer said it's been sitting on the lot a LONG time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.