Weekend Freedom Machines banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2011 Open Forum ARCHIVE

452K views 11K replies 1K participants last post by  kirk_lorenz 
#1 ·
This thread contains all posts from the old site under 2011 Open Forum archive. This topic is now closed.

#2 ·
The over-sized piston just came in for the K341 (16HP Kohler)! Just got to get the block sent away to be bored now. I'll let you know how the mod goes

On a serious note, we just went to NY this past weekend to pick up parts for our project. It is a 1955 John Deere 70 Diesel Two cylinder. I anticipate on starting a thread in the Corner Store sometimes in the new year! We are rebuilding the motor/restoring the entire tractor from the ground up.

#3 ·
Good service deserves mentioning too. I ordered a pair of 26x14-12 Carlisle turfs from Miller Tire (one of our sponsors) for one of my 400's and like a dumbkin didn't read the whole ad, which said only (1) tire was available. Realizing the error I emailed them. 20 minutes later I received a phone call and the gist of that was they'd see if they could find me a 2nd tire. They called back and indicated the exact same tire was not available anywhere. Since one tire was no good to me my order was cheerfully canceled. The process was straightforward and the lady who called me both times was very pleasant and easy to deal with. That wasn't the first time I've dealt with Miller Tire and I always get good service.

Army

#4 ·
Woke up to this sight here in Jersey this morning. That pyramid on the left should have a car underneath it.

Good thing the Pope Mobile was up to the task. Snow was twice as tall as the top of the blower housing. Slow going but it did the job. 216 with a modified 37a throwing snow a good 20 to 30 feet.

Tractor
- Shoveling

#5 ·
John, we had about the same amt of snow here and some of the drifts were amazing with all this wind.
Our side of the street got hit the hardest of course ! I was not ready for this storm so I had to use my little single stage TORO I got from HOME CHEAPO a few years ago but it worked pretty good ! Hope you had a great Christmas!...ED.

#8 ·
Hi Bill - Would love to help but driving across the Metedeconk river might just be the only way to get to him! The roads have been impassable for the entire day. Have not seen a car on the road. Just got in from helping shove out neighbors with the 216 (what a beast... in a real good way!). Would not mind going over and getting some more seat time!

#10 ·
If you are looking at a 420/ sweepster broom, or Cozy Cab, you should read this.. Note the hood, quick attach, position of the fog/warning light on the roof of the Cozy cab.

john deere 420 with cozy cab - $5000 (omaha)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-12-28, 1:25AM CST
Reply to: [URL="mailto:sale-mtbm9-2132214982@craigslist.org">sale-mtbm9-2132214982@craigslist.org[/URL]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
john deere 420 with cozy cab with snow brush and 60 inch mowing deck ser number moo420x420136 is my tractor and if you see this offered call me at 402 391 0050 or call the police immediately. if you buy this tractor you are buying stolen property and will be prosecuted

#16 ·
A couple days ago I thought my front tires looked low, so I checked them and added a little air. Last night I came home from work and had two almost flat tires on the front. The tri-ribs kinda look low with weight on them anyway but they were surely almost flat. I did some checking and found that both valve cores were leaking slightly. Tonight I took the weights and wheels off, hooked up a hose and put 5 quarts of WWF in each tire (with tubes), then put new valve cores back in and pumped 15lbs, of air in there.
20 more lbs of weight + the fluid will be easy to spot if they leak again. Not for everybody but it works for me.

#17 ·
Had an interesting find yesterday, hope someone can provide some insight...

I had a couple telling me they wanted to sell their 1963 110. I figured the odds were against me but I knew I should go check it out. I got there and could tell immediately that it wasn't a 63...(47 deck, wide tires, 4 speed transmission, etc). It did have headlights, snowblower, and the setup to lift rear implements. But looking at the serial number, it was something like: 002714. So obviously they looked it up at one time and was told it was a 63, but everything else points away from that. Do you think it's possible the S/N Tag was stamped wrong...should have been 082714? It looked more like a 67 to me.

#19 ·
Shawn, I'd look at things like the footrest, front axle, frame... I've heard of guys swapping in the 4 speed trans (tiller and other use).. Even blowing up the 7hp engine.. But if you don't have the correct frame, you'll never find a guy to sell you his 1963 frame if you wanted to re-convert it to original..

#22 ·
All -

We are at 4,900 owners in the Registry! Wow!

We blew pas 11,000 tractors and approaching the 11,200 mark quickly.

Have you entered your tractors in the Registry yet?

I will be catching up on the Registry requests/updates this coming weekend.

Thanks,
-Chris

P.S. As always, if you have any questions please shoot me an email. My email is in my profile which you can view by clicking on my name on the left side of this post.

#25 ·
Well just like that it happened again, I thin the herd down to 3 tractors for a few months and wake up one morning and there are 5 tractors in the garage. Why does that always seem to happen?

An H3 that is a very early 1974 model and a pristine 212 with a blown motor have a new home.

#26 ·
Someone offered me this 112H. He might be a member here, I don't know. Runs good, but does have a noise in the engine - but he says it's not a rod knock. Has rear lift and integral hitch. It will cost me another off-brand tractor. I'm just not sure about the Tecumseh engines - never own one except in a mid-90s Central Park AYP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.