Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My '77 210 just starting this thing where it will run fine for 25 or so minutes and then suddenly the RPMs start constantly going up and down. It runs, but just barely. I can smell gas when it starts doing it. Any idea what might be the cause? Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I have considered upgrading the the Bosch Blue ignition coil. Now appears to be the time to make that decision. Has anyone tried it the Bosch blue coil? Does it make any difference opposed to the OEM coil?

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
I have the Bosch Blue coil on my 214 and a points saver ignition. Interesting thing to me the original black coil was also made by Bosch. Roger

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Biggest thing is to use a epoxy filled coil verses a oil filled, epoxy is less susceptable to vibration and heat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey everyone. So I put a new coil on it and mowed for 20 minutes and it started doing the same thing. It runs perfectly and then after 20 minutes it starts missing and surging. Any suggestions of other things that could be the problem?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Have you check the point gap? Also could be condenser going bad.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Do you get the gas smell only when it's acting up, or all the time? Might be time to trace the fuel system from carb bowl to fuel pump to filter and line to tank. Did you let the tank run dry, then add gas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts