Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got involved with reassembling a 212 that has hydraulic lift. I need help with assembling the left rear engine mount/hydraulic lift pump mount parts. The pump and mount were removed to replace the leaking hydraulic lift hoses. The small screws for the engine mount to the frame were loose. So, with trying to reassemble the engine mount and hydraulic pump mount, I have some questions. Looking at the JD Parts manual, I don't really understand where that rectangular piece of metal #15 goes. Sorry I don't have any pics of what I was working on yesterday.From bottom to top, I have the engine mount, the engine cradle, then the hydraulic pump bracket. They all seem to stack up fine, and the pump bracket seems to fit up OK to the single bolt on the engine. Also, looking at the parts drawing, it appears that the horizontal surface of the hydraulic pump bracket just sits on the engine mount. That only leaves that one bolt #17 to the side of the engine to hold the pump from what I can see.I seem to have all the parts per the drawings, I just don't see what way they stack up or what keeps the pump bracket held solid.Does anyone have any pics of a properly assembled hydraulic lift 200 series left rear engine mount?Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. I agree - the instructions show the rectangular piece on top, but that contradicts the parts diagram. Why does the pump bracket have such a large hole in it where the bolt for the engine mount goes?

·
Super Moderator
3,693 Posts
I have found that the parts diagram does not always give the correct assembly. In many of the parts diagram, they are just trying to show all the parts.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I agree with dhager! I had to replace the spool valve on my 318 and forgot how one of the linkages went on and the parts diagram has it backwards causing me some grief

·
Registered
689 Posts
112tim,

I hope this helps.

Hydro Pump.jpg

Hec

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need a closer pic of the LR engine mount/pump mount and a shot of the hydraulic hoses would be nice. The installation manual posted above showed a different hydraulic hose routing than what the tractor I am working on had it routed. I had a hose made, and have decided to route it closer to the instruction manual than how the owner had it run. I put the rectangular plate on top of everything earlier today and tightened it down. Pretty sure that is how it had been assembled. Putting the rectangular plate anywhere else raises the pump bracket and keeps it from being square to the engine. The parts breakdown shows it below the pump bracket.
I understand that sometimes parts manuals are wrong, but Deere manuals are pretty accurate in my experience.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
On my 77 212 the high pressure hose rubbed a hole in the low pressure hose about 10 years ago. The low pressure hose still rubs on the high hose. The metal bar has to go on top of the pump bracket because of the large hole in the bracket. I'll see about taking some pictures tomorrow. The high pressure hose has a steel braid under the rubber outer jacket.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Maybe these pictures are what you're looking for. I took these a few days ago when I installed mine. As far as the hose routing, this is how it should be from what I've been able to tell on other pictures I've seen, though I don't like it. I'm not sure why Deere decided to bring the hoses up from underneath the tractor where they did, as it seems impossible to get them over the lift shaft without them touching, that's why I have wrapped my hoses there as you can see in the pictures. Going under it would've been much better in my opinion. They could've made the hoses a couple of inches longer and done that.

IMG_4952.jpg
IMG_4972.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
8888D95E-3C0C-498D-B8D7-D69E31418DFB.jpg

I had to move hydraulic pump to remove voltage regulator so I snapped some pics for ya!

Hec

Attachments

Reactions: 112tim

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
That rectangular plate goes on top of the pump bracket. The installation directions say to discard the original bolt that holds the engine mount to the vibration isolator and use a longer one. The pump bracket has a hole larger than the isolator to allow for a little alignment/adjustment of the pump bracket. You have to sort of niggle the number of washers between the engine and the top of the pump bracket and the placement of the pump bracket on the isolator to get everything situated. The John Deere parts diagram shows it nonsensically under the pump bracket. One wonders.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Hec. I put the engine mount/pump bracket together like yours. However, I see your pressure line from the pump to the valve is very different from the one I am working on. Your hose goes straight into the back of the pump. Looks like there was a serial break on the type of fittings used. The one I have uses a 90* on the pump to point the hose up, like shown in the assembly manual linked above.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts