Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the rusty sheathing on my 212 throttle cable finally snapped, making it less than desirable...workable, but not like it should be. Anyone know of a source for the correct cable? The old cable is about 38 inches from end to end...and I would prefer to buy one precut so I don't have to fuss and cuss to cut it and get the ends bent right. Ma and Pa Deere only want $32 for one, probably cut to fit at that. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
You can buy the coiled cable housing and the internal cable wire and make your own. I think JD dealers can sell it to you. The coil part just unscrews from the throttle lever. I usial just make my own. Roger

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I found a pretty good looking matched throttle & choke cable, used, online. Meanwhile I managed to use a generic Arnold brand throttle cable that I found at one of the local tractor stores...a bit long, but it'll work until the other arrives and is installed. I hate having the workhorse disabled and apart for a few days...waiting on a part. I use the 212 for leaf removal with the Cyclone Rake and we may get enough cool night weather early this coming week to kick the oak trees and bois d'arc trees into high gear, so I occupied some of my time this morning making the Arnold cable fit and work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts