Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
The hydraulic lift option for the 200 series was dealer installed as was the electric lift option. The engine cradle does not get changed. However, the bracket that the hydraulic pump was mounted to was installed above the left rear (with respect to drivers seated position) isolation mount. I might be missing something in your picture but it looks to me like the plate may have been added simply to make up for a totally missing engine isolation mount and/or non-stock engine cradle.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was the only pic I got. He said the bottom part has a half circle . They were dealer options? I didn't know that. I figured the top plate was added later because the mount was broken too. But he said it looks stock. Maybe I can get better pics from him

·
Registered
800 Posts
Does anyone know if the left rear motor mount setup is different if it has factory hydraulic lift?
Yes there is a spacer bracket that is used on the left side. I snagged this picture off of Ebay. It’s circled in yellow. I had to make one on my hydraulic install. It’s about 3/8” thick.

Hec
Motor vehicle Gas Machine Wire Cable

Reactions: bobd

·
Registered
634 Posts
Some tractor options were Factory Installed (FI) while others were Dealer Installed (DI). All 200 series left the factory as manual lift and if the customer ordered one of the other lift options it was DI. Depending on the serial number range of the tractor, the 200 series utilized either a one piece or a two piece engine cradle. On either design, the engine bolted directly to the lower portion of the cradle. The upper portion for the engine cradle installed above the tractors frame but with rubber isolators mounted between the cradle and the frame. The isolators were prone to wear out over time and I think the larger (i.e., heavier) engines tended to accelerate that process.

According the the parts catalog, in addition to multiple engine cradle designs, there were also six different frames used over the 200 series production run. I am not familiar with the specific differences of each of these frames but on all of the ones I have seen the frame cutout that receives the rear isolators is somewhat semi-circular. What has me perplexed about the photo is that it looks like it may have been shot from the engine location looking backwards. If that is the case then that plate does not belong there and the isolator is totally missing.

PS. The 214H that I have does not have the rectangular plate hec posted a picture of. Could be mine is an earlier version or that the spacer was only required based on engine size. Either way, the plate shown in your picture doesn't look like strap M48772 to me.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Here's what the manual sez about that square spacer..

Motor vehicle Newspaper Font Automotive wheel system Automotive tire

Hec

Reactions: Mike48321
1 - 8 of 8 Posts