Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my X700, nor any others owned privately in the DesMoines area have sold over the past year, I am thinking of keeping it as a toy and finding attachments. I would have to sell my other-brand machine and all it's attachments to do it, as space and money is an issue.

Are you all seeing used X-Series attachments coming up used in your areas? Are the prices reasonable, or still really high?

Upfront, I think a snowplow is the place to start, and may sell the deck to help pay for them if I do end up keeping it, as the deck is useless to me, unless I did some mowing on the side.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Steve,

I bought a frame squeezer from Al Z for my X495 so I could use my front attachments from the 322 tractors that I had on hand -- needed to extend the hoses for the front blade and Johnny bucket of course to reach the ports on the side of the frame...

PTO driven attachments for the X series are quite spendy...!

Chuck

·
Registered
246 Posts
Steve, we have a couple things coming in our shop that will be for sale soon. They are a 2-Stage 47 Snowblower, 54 Front Blade, and a Category I Three Point Hitch. Oh yeah, a Power Flow MCS for a 60 Inch Deck too. Will be reasonable. My cell no. is 712-880-1466. Don't email me, just call. We're about 2 hours away from Des Moines. Thanks, Fred

·
Registered
668 Posts
I love the idea Steve to consolidate to one machine. I wouldn't get rid of the 54" deck because you'll need that for resale if you ever choose to let it go someday. I've been able to pick and choose slowly over the years and get my stuff. You may have to pay a little bit like Roger said, but the innovation that is built in these new machines is worth it in my eyes. I used to have a machine for each task , now I laugh because I have a super machine that can do each task with fast changeover. Here's what I have if you ever want to come take a look (Ankeny, Iowa)
X748 SE
60" 7 iron drive over
3ph cat 1 limited
45 loader
JD 12" moldboard plow
quick hitch
47" snow blower
... Wednesday night I hope I have my soft sided Curtis cab/heater. The soft side will allow my loader to still be used if I ever wanted it during the winter.I don't know how much I need this feature, but I'm sure it will come in handy once or twice

I have a wish list too..
I'll keep dreaming, and buying when I see a good deal!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hey Fred,
Is that 60" MCS for a 7-iron deck? is it a 3 bag system, cart or does it have a engine on it? Do you have a picture?

I picked up the soft sided Curtis Cab that I talked about earlier.. I should post some pictures, but I'm looking for feedback if the soft side is warm in the winter or if I should replace it with plexi glass? Obviously when I mount it I will do my best to seal it as good as possible. I do have the heater mounted in the cab.

Looking forward to getting the 60" Mid-Mount center blade that Gary Blackman Jr sold me.. My 4 year old son's dirt bike race course needs some love. Thinking about banking the corners and adding more jumps

·
Registered
107 Posts
I need help identifying my 214 I tried to post a picture of the identification tag but it won't let me this is what it says

Product identification number
*m00214x

Why doesn't it have serial number?

·
Registered
684 Posts
If you have the serial number on the Kohler motor it will have to get close to the years
http://www.kohlerengines.com/manuals/engineIdentification.htm
it will be a year before or the same year Deere made it

if you can not find the serial number of the Kohler motor

there is a serial number on the transaxle
it was made by Tecumseh-Peerless
see the following link

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_7716648_identify-peerless-transmission.html

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Ean I can narrow it down some. It is built between 1983 and 1987 because of the number type. If it has an electric PTO the it is post 1981. Some picture including a pictures of the 214 number, the dash board etc and I can probably get closer. Roger

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.