Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at an older neighbors house yesterday and he is having trouble with his <font size="-2"]JD 70 skid loader[/COLOR] It was repowered with a 24 hp Onan engine (an offical JD repower). It is the same motor as the GTs so I know you can help.
He said the problem started one winter. The motor would not start on a cold day. He put the reddy heater on it for 20 min and it fired right up. After that he figured it was cold blooded so he kept doing it. Then it kept on doing it even in 80* so he started looking more. There isn't any spark if he just cranks the motor over cold. Then if he puts the reddy heater on it (even in summer) after 15 min he will get spark. What is going on in there?!?
He is thinking stator or coil. He said he adjusted the coil to the proper spacing. I thought the stator only charged the battery and nothing more.
He got out of hog farming and he is looking to sell the machine. He said he won't sell it to me nonrunning, so I said we will get it running together. I like am starting to really like tinkering with these things. Also, the more you fix them the more you learn!

· Registered
6,867 Posts
Is he sure its not getting spark. Could there be a possibility the choke plate isn't fully closing?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.