Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off the key switch I have a pink and light green wire in a two-pronged male connector. According to the wiring diagram in the service manual, pink goes to coil and light green to rectifier. Am I missing a female connector, and if so, can I cut the connector off and run the wires to their respective connections?
Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
23 Posts
The manual for my JD 170 garden tractor (14 hp Kawasaki engine) says the spark plug to install is a Champion RN11YC. The one in my engine was badly oil fouled. What I was able to find, at my local hardware store - that is, without driving 50 minutes each way to a big-box store in town - was a Champion RN11YC4.

Looks identical, but no doubt some subtle difference... not sure just what. But there is that one character difference (the 4 added to the end) in the number.

After cleaning fuel lines, filter, fuel pump, and carburetor, the engine has run just fine with the new plug in it. I have to wonder if it would run even better or avoid some future problem if the plug I put in the engine was the exact one called for in the manual.

Can anyone advise me?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks Roger. I gapped the new plug to .028.

Like I say, it's functioning now. What will it do that is inadequate or wrong? I'm not knowledgeable about this aspect.

Anyhow, I can probably get a replacement within the next three or four days if it's a good idea.}

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.