Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be going to look at a 31 Tiller today or tomorrow. Has the mule drive, but seller does know if it's got the lift rod or what shape tines are in. He said he got it from a clean out.
I also would have to find the lift stuff for my 110. I already have home made helper spring.
Do I need it? Not really, as the garden is only about 10 x 20 and we have a lot of rocks here. Will let you know how I make out.

· Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got it. $75 with mule drive, belt and lift rod. Model F031E SN 354254M. Tines look a little worn but all there otherwise. Some pics.
Road surface Asphalt Wood Flooring Sidewalk

Footwear Leg Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface Asphalt Wood

Not sure if that's the right lift rod for my 110 but will check on JD parts. From what I saw before there were like 3 styles. Also will download OM too to see how to hook up.

I know I need lift for tractor and bottom mounting bushing for frame. Anything else I might not be thinking of?
Once I get what I need, I'll mount and see how it works, then replace or fix what's needed and fresh coat of paint.
One last thing...anyone know what these holes are for? Looks like something was bolted there.
Wood Gas Fixture Engineering Metal

· Registered
2,887 Posts
You stole that!!
Those bolt holes are for a shovel. The idea is if you till just a strip, there will be a spot between the tines that doesn’t get tilled, so you would install the shovel and then pull it through without the tiller spinning to loosen up that spot.

· Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You stole that!!
Those bolt holes are for a shovel. The idea is if you till just a strip, there will be a spot between the tines that doesn’t get tilled, so you would install the shovel and then pull it through without the tiller spinning to loosen up that spot.
Thanks. I've seen some for 2-300 and lot worse paint wise and surely mechanical too.
The guy I got it from cleans out storage places and homes, so he was just looking to make some cash on this. He also had a WH B-80 for $125. I have enough projects otherwise I would have grabbed that also.

I saw that spade after I looked on JD parts. Now to just figure out what I need tractor wise to make this work.

· Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just don't do what I first did. Make sure you run the thing in the right direction. I didn't know what I was doing and it broke a tine.
I assume that has to do with belt routing. I still need parts for tractor, so it will be a while before it's operational.

· Registered
946 Posts
It will definitely need tines to do a good job. But a good buy none the less. I had to retine mine after I purchased it years ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts