Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in the process of mounting my new to me cab on my 314. I believe I have the basis clearances down- the motor hood opens, the steering wheel knob clears the bottom of the windshield, and the fuel cap is accessible.

The tractor has numerous holes in the fender pan which indicates it may have had a cab in the past. However none line up. Not surprising as there were different cabs available.

I’ve attached some photos. If anyone has experience with this and can offers some pointers, I’d really appreciate it. Better yet, any photos of their setup would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

·
Registered
228 Posts
Did you add the H2 to the 314? I have never seen an H2 on a 314.

I haven't put a cab on but I would mount the doors and check fitment before bolting the back down down.
The foot pad mounts look like you will need spacers so you can put the mount under the foot pad and clear the rolled edge.
I would say that that where the left side food pad mount is at now is where it should be, right before the curve. As long as the doors fit once the front foot pad mounts are bolted on I would bolt the rear down to the fenders.
I would also loosen up the tree bolts for the rear mounts so the rear mount will sit flat on the fender pan, bolt the mounts down then retighten.
Not that it is a car or truck but I have done bodywork on the side for the last 20 years and getting things lined up before you tighten is a good thing.

Good luck, show us the pics when you are done. (y)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response. Yes, I added H2 last spring after I got a can’t pass up deal on a 54” 4 way plow and a 49 blower with a hydraulic chute control. Bought all the 300/317 parts on EBay.

I assumed the forward mounts go under the foot rests. I’ll clamp them on before drilling. Hopefully I can get the rear cab mounts to set flat. Will check doors for proper fit.

After getting a quote of about $225 from a upholstery shop to replace the clear plastic door windows, I’m just going to buy clear plastic at the local hardware store and attach it with the door with Velcro.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My cab came off a 322 so I took some pics of it at the auction knowing my 322 was the same tractor, made mounting very easy.

Have not taken my cab off since I put it on but I do remove the doors in the summer.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check out Marine vinyl fabric.com
Thanks for the link Lou.

I had looked on Amazon for clear Vinyl but only found it in larger quantities than I needed or wanted. Did not find this site. I ended up buying some 5 mil clear at the hardware store. I am rather skeptical of how long it will last as it is pretty thin. But with only occasional usage it should last at least a few winters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts