Weekend Freedom Machines banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
This is another case of “well, it looked simple enough when I removed all the old parts”.:unsure:
If you look back, I warned you. Just chalk it up to experience. This is how you learn and it is the number one thing that keeps me looking for new challenges. Once I've learned and need to repeat a task, it becomes mundane.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
That sucks on the spools, but it was good you were able to get them working. Mine seem to work fine, float included.

I figured that I was able to get the rt side lines in the left would be easy. But such was not the case.
And for anyone who doesn’t know, the 317 control valve and 318 valve are NOT interchangeable. I saw an EBay ad that read “317 318 control valve”. Not knowing any different, I ordered it. The 318 return line to the hydro is Blocked by the rock shaft. The 317 valve comes out the top of the unit. And the fittings for the lines are larger. Bummer. Icing on the cake- item not returnable. Tried to appeal to EBay with no success.

If anyone wants a sweet deal on a 318 valve, PM me. Otherwise I have a rather expensive doorstop.

First pic is a 318 valve, 2nd is a 317 valve.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That sucks on the spools, but it was good you were able to get them working. Mine seem to work fine, float included.

I figured that I was able to get the rt side lines in the left would be easy. But such was not the case.
And for anyone who doesn’t know, the 317 control valve and 318 valve are NOT interchangeable. I saw an EBay ad that read “317 318 control valve”. Not knowing any different, I ordered it. The 318 return line to the hydro is Blocked by the rock shaft. The 317 valve comes out the top of the unit. And the fittings for the lines are larger. Bummer. Icing on the cake- item not returnable. Tried to appeal to EBay with no success.

If anyone wants a sweet deal on a 318 valve, PM me. Otherwise I have a rather expensive doorstop.

First pic is a 318 valve, 2nd is a 317 valve.
If you look back, I warned you. Just chalk it up to experience. This is how you learn and it is the number one thing that keeps me looking for new challenges. Once I've learned and need to repeat a task, it becomes mundane.
Yup, live and learn. Over the last ten years I’ve owned at least a half dozen older Deere’s. Stumbled through my share of mods and repairs. This my first foray into hydraulic modifications. But for all the headaches and busted knuckles, I’ve learned from and enjoyed every experience.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
They were a very inexpensive so I figured why not?

You have me wondering if these hoses would fit the rams on the front mounted 54” 4 way blades

·
Registered
1989 318
741 Posts
I don't think a 12" hose will work, I recently had some made for my 54 blade and I think I asked for 18" and they are pretty close to right.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Ok so then the 24” will be the cheapest hose to get. Thank you :)

Edit: I just looked and was unaware they made 18” hoses. So 18” it is (y)

·
Registered
1989 318
741 Posts
I just pulled up that link to the 12" hose and it looks like it is a JIC 4F and I am pretty sure our cylinders are a JIC-5? I am relatively new to the hydraulic stuff so I could be mistaken.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts