Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In front of the seat of the 317 is a knob, it looks like to disengage the hydro system.

Mine will not turn by hand. Is this normal?
What should I be looking for?
I need to push the tractor around the barn to a stall, it has a bad motor.

·
Banned
35 Posts
The knob is attached to a bolt with the head facing down. The head of the bolt pushes on a spring plate which pushes on the two check valve plungers on top of the pump. The bolt is the one you see in the center of the picture below. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Like Bob said soak the bold below the knob with some PB Plaster or WD40. Keep in mind counter clockwise raises the bolt and releases the check valve plungers for operation. Clockwise lowers the bolt and depresses the plungers for manual operation (pushing the tractor around manually).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Our 425 AWS starts and runs fine. However when the mower is engaged, the tractor will run and cut just fine...and then the engine just quits. If I disengage the PTO button, it will start immediately and run just fine. Then after a few minutes, it quits again....Its getting frustrating. Could it be the ignition switch and module or the PTO switch? Any help or test idea will be much appreciated. I have cleaned the big multi plug on the lower left engine side well...no change...Help....and many thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.