Weekend Freedom Machines banner

318 Battery Light starting to stay on, I Need some insight here

11K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  khe 
#1 ·
Hello Guy's
I Picked up an Older 318 this spring and it has run great so far, but I have a problem starting to develop with it. Sometimes after I start it up, it keeps the battery light on in the dash until I rev it up a bit, and then it goes out. Yesterday I mowed with it, and realized it was NOT going out no matter how High I revved it up, with the deck engaged. I then saw where I apparently left the Headlights on from the last late mow I did with it, so shut them off and the Battery Light in the dash went out. Can you share with me what might be going on with it ? Thanks in advance to all that replay. Regards, Kurt

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Hello Chuck
Thanks for the detailed information on this current issue I am having here. I strongly suspect that the Voltage Regulator is on it's way out,as the battery is fine and of 750 CCA. I Know John Deere would Lay me Wide Open for a new Voltage Regulator, do you know of an Out side source for these that would work on my Onan engine ? Thanks, Kurt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.