Weekend Freedom Machines banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
JD 1986 318
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
It came with new belts, but your PTO is different than my manual one. Call up SEW and sak
Yes it came wit a new belt but i do not mow with it yet, I plow snow, pull a lawn packer and haul fire wood from my woods...Oh and of course joy ride...I did measure the distances on the onan pto and this one lines right up with it.

·
Registered
JD 1986 318
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Got er all back together and the throttle moves freely when the engine is off...when running it seems to have some resistance...Why? any ideas

·
Registered
JD 1986 318
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well the throttle is getting harder to control...going to check out another pathway (routing)

tomorrow...just may be the curve in it now is to tight

·
Registered
JD 1986 318
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I routed the throttle cable to the other side of the engine giving it a smoother curve on the cable(starter side) it works 80% easier but still has some drag/resistance on the controlling of the throttle...I am thinking that the Cable that comes with the kit is just CHEAP...

·
Registered
242 Posts
I also had problems with the throttle cable. I ended up using the original control lever and routing the cable sort of behind the oil filter. For the choke cable I kept the original one but it had to be shortened it a little bit and lubricated.

Henry.

Reactions: dwinch53

·
Registered
899 Posts
Dang, that looks good in there.
Nice clean tractor you have. Hopefully it runs good for a long time.

Reactions: dwinch53

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Nice. Is that a set of Versa Turf R3 Radials I spy?

·
Registered
JD 1986 318
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Dang, that looks good in there.
Nice clean tractor you have. Hopefully it runs good for a long time.
It has a new life line and yep should serve me for a long long time...Next I am going to replace all axle and front steering spindle bushings...going to tighten-r-up

41 - 53 of 53 Posts