Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started with a bushing replacement to tighten up the steering and whoa that isn't gonna work. Can't cut it off and replace as my mig box is limited to 3/8" thickness. What does everyone else do?
Finger Household hardware Bicycle part Nickel Thumb

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The new bushing when slid into position will wobble significantly on the shaft. Between the two bushing locations it is fairly tight like a few thousandths. But it is at least double and predominately on one side. I think what I might do is get a bushing for 7/8" shaft and slowly ream it till it is fitting better. Yes the axel stop is a little loose and part of the slop. This thing was borderline un-controllable when mowing. No straight lines for sure. Sorry about the photo. I thought the wear was visible but I should have used a straight edge. McMaster has the bushings and they are about what I paid for at the dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My issue is the kingpin is significantly worn. A 25 mm won't go over the 1" portion (un-worn area between upper and lower bushing). I guess I could melt some silver solder or brazing to fill the bushing -shaft void .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts