Weekend Freedom Machines banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
318 Deere with a 20hp Onan, 46" deck, Powerflow bagger system, and Snow Blower.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
While it could be

There are gear reduction made that are close to the 3450 engine speed to 540 PTO speed which is a 6.38 to 1 ratio. The problem is the size and getting them mounted to the rear of the tractor and not having them stick too far behind the tractor.
Good point.
Dang.
Guess I'll have to settle for what I can do for now, and if the deal is good enough... snag it and put it on the shelf for when I get a 1025r

·
Registered
318 Deere with a 20hp Onan, 46" deck, Powerflow bagger system, and Snow Blower.
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I did what you are proposing to my 400. I fender mounted a 2 spool valve and plumbed it ahead of the onboard 3 spool valve and used a separate cylinder to lift the deck. Then used the deck rock shaft cylinder for the 3PH. I used the additional spool for the 3PH so all 3 onboard SCV circuits were available for the loader. The dual fender controls are for deck lift and 3PH. The 2 spoil valve came out of a Toro sand trap groomer.

View attachment 284035

View attachment 284032

View attachment 284033

View attachment 284034
When you did the mower deck separation, did you run 2 cylinders or just one on the right side of the machine? (seems like 2 would be overkill) The only reason I ask is, there are 2 "rods"......the flat pieces on each side that attach to the rock shaft. Which seems like it too would be overkill, but I assume that it would be so the deck was lifted on both sides at the same time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
903 Posts
On the 400 there is an additional forward rock shaft that pivots and raises the pair of lift links to the deck. There is really only one reasonable lift point for this rock shaft outside the frame. I basically just replaced the lift strap that ran from the main rear rock shaft forward to the deck lift rock shaft with the additional cylinder. So two cylinders wasn't very feasible or needed.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts