Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The chip munks ruined my seat over the winter.
Ordered a cushion kit from the GreenPartsStore #TY15740 - foam, top vinyl, and welt strip.
Installed it today after wire wheeling the rust areas, then a coat of rust inhibitor.
I am pleased. Install was not too bad, I did cut the corners to allow the material to overlap instead of folding.
Ordered another one for the JD 317.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Nice but expensive. Eighty bucks plus. But cheaper than the new replacements. The last original model I purchased for around a hundred bucks but there are not to be found any longer. I have a good seat pan and I may give this a try as the older models are more comfortable for me. The new seat have the advantage of a much improved seat switch.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have one of those still in the box, and I've wondered how difficult it will be to install. Do you have any tips, techniques, or suggestions to pass along?

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I have one of those still in the box, and I've wondered how difficult it will be to install. Do you have any tips, techniques, or suggestions to pass along?
In my case it was a bolt on. The terminals on the safety switch needed to be changed but no big deal.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Order a package of clips. M89056. They are like 6 helping hands and will hold the yellow seat cover in place.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
In my case it was a bolt on. The terminals on the safety switch needed to be changed but no big deal.
Oops, I thought you were referring to the complete seat I purchased. But I have had the complete cover off on several occasions to weld cracks or whatever. it's not hard to reinstall. Just takes some patience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts