Weekend Freedom Machines banner

181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Question is there any wet sanding with like 2000 grit on the Deere spray paint? How long till fully cured? Wax only? Not sure final step. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,366 Posts
You can water sand Matt, I have never done it. I do use ScotchBrite pads though in between coats to scuff it up and help take away any orange peel after a days drying

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Wet sanding, even with 2000 paper, will slightly reduce the sheen. Unless you're looking for show/body shop paint job, right out of the can is usually good. If you do go with 2000 wet sand, allow to dry another 48 hours and use very light downward pressure. I'd let "dry" for another 24-48 hours and then buff.

"Sputtering" has 1 source, stuff/chunks in the paint. Depending on how long the can has sat on a shelf, whether your shelf or the dealers shelf, the paint can separate and "chunk up". These chunks can fully or partially block the nozzle...and sometimes the syphon tube inside the can. If you have "sputtering", shake can for about 2 minutes and remove nozzle. Get a can of parts cleaner, spray front of nozzle where paint comes out and then the tube that the paint goes in from the can. Some parts cleaner cans have a tube that will fit inside the paint nozzle. Stick in nozzle and spray until you see parts cleaner spray out of nozzle. Also, do this (clean nozzle) when thru spraying for the day or can is empty. If can is empty, clean nozzle and save...I've got well over a dozen "spare" nozzles! Bob

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Thank you right out of the can is good enough for me on this one it will be a worker for someone!

·
Registered
628 Posts
That's a rattle can job?! It looks great from my vantage point!

My rattle can jobs usually end up with petrified fly parts, asian beetle husks, tree leaf cammoflage, and dust in them...Not sure which is worse, all that or the drips and runs I seem to always get...I'm not even a mediocre painter...

·
Premium Member
4,366 Posts
Looks great Matt, would you take $20CDN for it?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
:unsure:haha, cant say I know exactly how much that would be in my pocket in West Point Indiana but i'm guessing its a little shy!
:ROFLMAO:

181 - 189 of 189 Posts