Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my 318's has a vibration at WOT that would go away for a bit when I greased the slip yoke. I checked the drive shaft and it seemed looser on the pump shaft then my others and the seal was leaking.

So tonight I ordered a new seal and O-Ring went home and pulled the driveshaft and put on a spare one that I had and there was not much difference. After checking a little further I noticed the pump shaft had side to side play, I'm thinking the bearing is bad. Pulled the charge pump off and found that the shaft is bad. New shaft is $561.00, anyone run into this before?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Brad

I replaced mine, but I posted a wanted here and got a great deal on a no good unit. My output was worn really bad, that's why I changed it.

I wouldn't pay that! you can get a good/bad unit pretty reasonable.

I paid $25+ shipping for just the shaft, but the seller sold me the whole hydro so he didn't have to take it apart.

CAUTION:
When you take it apart DO NOT get the motors mixed up as they are not inter-changable.

Other than that it was about an 1hr job, lube everything during reassembly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
on 355d. Replaced thermostat and cleaned radiator after replacing air filters. PTO disengages when tractor not level. Disconnected temp sensor and air flow sensor wire, but PTO still shuts off as Temp gage lights up. Hydro fluid level ok. PTO works coming up hill????

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Wiring to the PTO is stretching for some reason and shutting the PTO down because the harness plug is being pulled open. Trace and follow the wiring find were the problem is. Welcome to WFM and you are very lucky to have that tractor. Could also be the seat switch. Technically your tractor i a late model and you might get better answers than mine in the Late Model Forum. Roger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.