Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A customer of mine has a 318 with a snowblower. His complaint is that the blower doesn't lift high enough. Is there any way to increase the lifting height and still maintain the correct amount of float?..Thanks

Coop

·
Banned
3 Posts
I assume it doesn't lift high enough because he is trying to put it on a trailer. I never tried to modify my 216, but I found that if I back the tractor onto the trailer I can get up and down the ramp with minor bottoming out with the blower.

Trinity

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it only lifts about 3", he has a wooden bridge he has to go across and he is hitting the bridge. He wanted me to modify the lift, I am reluctent to do so, I don't want to become a manufacturer and be responsiable for all the liabilities that entails...

Coop

·
Banned
101 Posts
I too, would like the blower to lift higher, cant really see an easy fix, I think you might be able to weld in a bushing in the slot where the blower cylinder slides there for somewhat of a float, but this would pick it up higher, this is what I am going to do, if it becomes more of a problem, but for now, I havent hung the rig up due to this issue.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Not sure about the 49 Thrower but I seem to recall that the 37a only lifts about 5 inches from ground. The way to adjust the 37a is to adjust the clevis that goes to the rockshaft.

For the 49 I guess the only thing you can really look at is the travel of the piston for the hydraulic lift cylinder. Look for slop in the linkage/brackets or if there is an adjustment that would allow greater travel that would translate into a higher lift.

Either way I don't think you can get much more lift due to concerns about tension on the belt, weight distribution and clearance between the thrower and front of the tractor.

Hope this helps,

Joe

·
Administrator
6,328 Posts
Russell,
Discussions about defeating safety switches are prohibited per WFM rules. If you will read your operator's manual it will tell you how to keep mowing when you're in reverse. All of the newer JDs have RIO switches that allow you to mow in reverse.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Russell - The newer 4x5 series with RIO have a double pull pto switch ; first pull is for normal forward cutting , then if you want to keep mowing in reverse you must pull the switch an extra notch before you go into reverse with the foot pedal . You can then mow in reverse . I don't know if the newer x500s' are the same , but I would think so .

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
From deere.com for the X530:

Mowing while backing up is strongly discouraged.

An operator who deems it necessary and chooses to keep the mower engaged while backing up, must bring the vehicle to a stop, then lift and hold the power take-off (PTO) switch in the reverse implement position as the reverse pedal is depressed slightly. The operator can then release the PTO switch and the mower will continue to operate.

This procedure must be repeated the next time the operator chooses to keep the mower (or other PTO-operated equipment) engaged while backing up.

I am sure it is in your owner's manual too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.