Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large cement pad with a gravel driveway. No leaks when the Model 49 snowblower rides on its skids on the cement but when I raise the skids about 3/4 of an inch off the ground with the hydraulics to do the driveway, the power steering cylinder leaks a few drops every so often. No leaks any other time. Is this normal with snowblower in a slightly raised state or do I need a new seal? Obviously I could adjust the skids higher to do the gravel driveway but then I would leave too much snow on the cement pad. My plan was to leave the skids adjusted for cement and just use the hydraulics for the driveway but now have minor PS leak.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Bob, are you sure it's the steering cylinder leaking? With your scenario, it sounds more likely to be the lift cylinder on the blower.

If it is the blower, you need to find out where it's dripping - sometimes it's simply a fitting that has worked loose.

BTW, this is not the right forum for the 322 - you want to go to the "hydrostatic drive" section.

Tim

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it is definitely the power steering cylinder. I checked the snow blower cylinder first since that is where I thought I would find the leak but that was not the case. I will repost on the Hydraulic forum. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
There is a much larger new model crowd over at
mytractorforum.com
Those guys talk about mostly new stuff like your X534.
This is the late model forum but this site caters more to the classic crowd.
Welcome as well from me.

AJ

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Terry

I would not normally recommend it ,just that there is such a large crowd there he may get his question answered there.I doubt he will get it answered here or GTT.

AJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.