Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As mentioned in a couple of other threads, I recently purchased a 322 tractor. When I increase the throttle from low idle (moving the lever very slowly) engine speed stays at low idle until I reach about half throttle, then the engine speed suddenly increases to about half speed. Above half throttle, engine speed still increases "jumpily" but not as bad as it does in the lower half of the range? Any suggestions? Seems more likely to be a governor problem than a carb problem, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!
-Jeff

·
Registered
145 Posts
This seems to be a characteristic of the 322s. Most likely has something to do with the fact that the carb has no accelerator pump.

Mine does the same thing however it is much more exaggerated when the engine is cold than when up to full operating temperature.

If your tractor is operating fine otherwise and the governor is responding well under load at full throttle then I would not worry about it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree Jason. I've always thought it was an odd characteristic of the 322. The RPM is just not "linear" with movement of the throttle. Mine just doesn't like to gradually gain RPMs from idle. I has done it since I've owned it (bought new in '90).

However, the 322 runs so smooth, I can't fault it very much for this oddity.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.