Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a tiller from a fella that had it on another 300. When I put the pto shaft on the back, the fan hits the ridge on top of the transaxle. How do I correct this problem? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Gene.
When I bought one of the 300's I am working on it had a tiller attached. The hydro fan was missing on the pto shaft. I purchased a new fan from the local deere. Here is a picture of the newly installed fan, on my 300.

Hope this helps.
Would like to know how well the tiller works for you? I've not got to play with one yet.
Chris.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I welded the spline shaft to the fan. This ended the my problem with the fan flopping around.
Also, are you using the lower shroud like the one in Chris's photo? With that in place, I don't see how the fan could be hitting the "ridge on top of the transaxle".
I would think that both the upper and lower shroud should be in place for proper cooling,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using the lower shroud. Problem is that the fan sets closer to the front of the shroud insist of in the center. The fan I had on before sets in the center. Maybe putting longer bolts and longer spacers is what I need to do. Don't think shimming the back will work. I have the complete unit from where it attaches to the transmission all the way back to the pulleys for the tiller belts. Just not enough room where it hooks to the transmission to fully clear the transaxle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm trying to find a replacement deck for the old 48C currently on my 325. Have been scouring the adds and found a few that look like they might fit, but I don't have any cross reference to check against. Just called the local JD dealer and was told that there is no cross reference of any kind. The only info they had was the three part numbers for the original 325 decks ( the 48", 48C and the 54"). I have always been under the impression that at least some of JD's other model's decks could be used. I checked a tractor data site and found the original mower attachment options but no info on compatible decks. Does anybody know if there is a cross reference chart available somewhere? I find it hard to believe that the JD dealer wouldn't be able to cross reference something like that.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Steve,

I just emailed you a complete compatibility chart that covers most of the lawn mowers and garden tractors. You particular model is on the later pages of the document.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Steve,
I have a 48c off a 345 that should work for you. Let me know. I'm about an hour and a half from MA border.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the help fellas. Tim, I initially tried the archives but couldn't negotiate my way around the info. Jeremy was nice enough to email me a copy. it was EXACTLY what I needed. Eric, thanks for the offer. I don't suppose you have any pics and $ price? I might be inclined to take you up on that offer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.