Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It makes a bit of a rattle racket, and when I flip the switch I can see the clutch plates move together more to engage. So it looks like it is not disengaging all the way. I'm not familiar with this device at all and need to fix it so I can use my rear hydraulic tiller in the coming weeks. What should I start checking to diagnose this problem? I need to use the machine to mow every weekend, so I cannot have the pan off for very long...

I tried searching but didn't come up with much in the way of diagnosing this problem.

·
Premium Member
7,563 Posts
Sounds like the bearings in the pto have gone bad.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,693 Posts
My first thought is the same as KB. In am assuming that you use the front PTO for mowing. If so remove the rear PTO ( you will need to do so to replace the bearings) and you can continue mowing while you are making the repairs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a great idea, I will see about just removing it from the tractor for repairs and report back. Prolly be this weekend before I have time to do it. Stupid day jobs.

·
Super Moderator
3,693 Posts
Stupid day jobs.
That I would agree with. Except I now have a non-paying job (three grandkids). The 19 month old pretty much is full time for one person.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm 34, and my daughter's only 12 ;-) I do love seeing my three nieces though, they love Uncle Joe's house on the river :yahoo:

Reactions: dhager4692

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
You need to NOT run the tractor until the pto is off. Could be the bearing or a bolt that has backed off. Had both happen to me. If you fry the coil it is not cheap.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts