1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
I got a VR from Amazon.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Anyone have any information where I could buy these?
Thanks,
Wes
Amazon carries both. I've used VRs without a problem so far, knock on wood ...

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got the Amazon VR. It has mounting slots instead of holes that may or may not hold it tight. It also does not have the notch pocket to accept the forks on the wiring plug end. It may work fine, I haven’t teste it yet but if I was to do over I’d buy the Deere VR.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The only thing that concerns me about paying big bucks for a Deere VR (besides being a cheap-_ss), is it really different in the guts of the thing? Or were they both made in the same Chinese factory?

I guess one thing would be if your VR connector is melted or not. If it's okay, the Deere version would be nice, just for the plug & play nature.

I figured I could buy 2 or 3 of the less expensive VRs, before getting into the Deere price range.

I was also working with a budget, since I needed a starter & keyswitch (also Amazon) and GPs (EBAY) & a GP relay (which there is no other option than Deere for.)

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
@wwilkens My question is WHY are you replacing both??? Did you test the alternator?
Unplug connector from regulator, start engine and warm, go WOT and measure AC volts... should be around 40 AC volts. Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts