Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unplugged my seat and threw it out - plug to the safety switch is a two prong style - I have a new seat on the way. If I want to just bypass it and not reinstall the switch - do I just need to connect the two ends to each other? If so - should I just snip off the other end of the plug from the safety switch and tie those together and wrap it - then plug back in ?

Body jewelry Automotive lighting Audio equipment Gadget Cable
Auto part Electric blue Bicycle part Automotive exterior Fashion accessory

· Registered
8,982 Posts
Yup a taboo topic. It's understandable WFM doesn't wanna get sued for facilitating it.

· Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
Please note that aolshov post was deleted because his IP address was compromised.

aolshov

Reactions: aolshove

· Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
It was funny that all your IP address were clean of spammer notifications EXCEPT for the one in that post.

• Wow
Reactions: aolshove

· Registered
940 Posts
NHTerrys, this is not the advice you asked for but the best thing to do is connect your safety switch to the new seat when you install it. The seat safety switch provides the function of shutting off the engine if someone accidentally turns on the PTO or moves the hydro lever to Forward or Reverse if no one is sitting on the seat. The type of accident this can prevent is worth having the switch installed.

· Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
If I want to just bypass it and not reinstall the switch
We do not recommend bypassing any safety. They are there for a reason, your safety.

should I just snip off the other end of the plug from the safety switch and tie those together and wrap it
There have been many post on this site where people have done this and have been bitten by what they have done. It is prone to failure and often overlook as one troubleshoots the failure of their tractor. We can give the best advice when the tractor is as it was built.

Reactions: Elliott

· Registered
253 Posts
Having personally known the company individual who had to represent a company in a lawsuit where the dad backed over his sons legs with a garden tractor, and another who grabbed under a running mower deck and immediately lost several fingers, I am pleased to see that comments about how to bypass safety equipment/systems is not allowed on this site.
In the instance of the dad accidentally backing over his son's legs, the company individual personally told me he thought about that kid every day after the trial.

· Registered
8 Posts
BTW - In the event of a safety system bypass related incident, if NHTerrys post was found in the discovery phase of an investigation, he will need to have a very good lawyer and a very large wallet.
I tend to agree with your point of view - and left the plug there to reconnect with my new seat that just arrived. After thinking about all the things that could happen - just makes sense. (y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts