Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice on sources for this: AM 103337?
Need one for the derelict 332, so I can start working on it again soon.
Pa Deere wants $170. Aftermarket options are $30 to $75, and lots of Chinesium. Any made in USA options, or close to it? Links to such?
Thanks in advance. Need to get this running correctly or send it to Valhalla in flames.

· Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yeah, I agree...yet this one isn't exactly a keeper yet. Would rather find a less expensive aftermarket option if possible, just to make it run (poorly) long enough to find/cure its problem. It's a long shot, but it could be the solenoid itself that is causing/aggravating the problem. We'll see...

· Registered
253 Posts
I agree with TempletonJDguy. Recently I needed a new voltage regulator for one of my 332's. Although I usually buy JD parts, I elected to try an Amazon listed VR this time. It was cheaper by about a 1/3 of the John Deere price, took longer to get, and once installed, I went from no voltage increase at high idle on the old VR to the alternator light not coming on with the key on/engine off and no voltage increase as well. Returned it through the local Kohl's Department store and got a refund the next day. Bit the bullet, went to the local Deere dealer and bought one, installed it and all works like a champ!
So the moral of the story for me is: Buck up and save yourself some time and frustration.

· Registered
635 Posts
How about rigging up a cable control like a 330 for initial diagnosis of the potential for the machine? The Deere cable is just over $60 so not a great option versus the aftermarket solenoid but you might be like me and have various control cables around that could be made to work. If you decide its a keeper/runner then invest in the oem solenoid.

· Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a thought, I'd forgotten about the 330 manual shutoff cable. I'll have to see what I can rig up...that way I could pull the old solenoid off for better access to the injection pump side port. Might come in handy while checking it out. Thanks for that reminder.

· Registered
5,072 Posts
i went cable route on my 430, works great and hard to break

· Registered
420 Posts
Any advice on sources for this: AM 103337?
Need one for the derelict 332, so I can start working on it again soon.
Pa Deere wants $170. Aftermarket options are $30 to $75, and lots of Chinesium. Any made in USA options, or close to it? Links to such?
Thanks in advance. Need to get this running correctly or send it to Valhalla in flames.
I bought one that didn’t fit i don’t remember what brand but it was too big.

· Registered
420 Posts
Well yeah, I agree...yet this one isn't exactly a keeper yet. Would rather find a less expensive aftermarket option if possible, just to make it run (poorly) long enough to find/cure its problem. It's a long shot, but it could be the solenoid itself that is causing/aggravating the problem. We'll see...
I bought an aftermarket and it didn’t fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts