Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My diesel fuel transfer pump as died, and it needs an AM876116 which sells for $213!! I have bought marine grade fuel pumps on Amazon for less than $30 for other diesel engines. Is there any reason I need the expensive one?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Just as long as the flow and pressure are close enough-no reason not to go elsewhere (and rated for diesel-not just gas).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used a mr gasket diesel pump I found at autozone. It was rated for diesel and right around 50 bucks. Worked great. I cut the plug off the oem and wired it onto the new pump so it plugged right in. The mounting holes even matched.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can use the AM876266 which is around $90.00. This pump is after the serial number break for the 332. They made a wiring harness change that affected how things where grounded. You will have to add a ground wire to the frame at the pump. Make sure that your return fuel line to the tank is clear. Mine was plugged and burnt a couple of pumps before I figured it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used a mr gasket diesel pump I found at autozone. It was rated for diesel and right around 50 bucks. Worked great. I cut the plug off the oem and wired it onto the new pump so it plugged right in. The mounting holes even matched.
Thanks for this tip! I just installed the same pump on my 332 with 1100 hours. I also replaced the pickup hose inside the fuel tank which was cracked.

What a difference! The tractor now seems to have so much more power when mowing, and the max RPM's seem slightly higher as well. The original lift pump must have been pretty tired.

I also just replaced both leaking power steering cylinder hoses with the larger diameter hoses sold on eBay, and they made a great improvement in the steering response compared to the OEM hoses.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
some aftermarket pumps have failed quicker than the OEM ones. I have read quite a few posts about it over the last decade and used an OEM one on mine. figured it lasted 10+ years

if you get any air in the injection system, it will hurt performance and make it run weaker

it can also run with out a lift pump at idle for hours if there is no blockage or leaks in the fuel lines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts