Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 332 that has been in the family for years. I have been the proud owner for about 8 years now. I recently started having a problem with the fuel shut off solenoid. I thought it was probably going bad so I went ahead and got a new one and put it on. Problem solved; or so I thought. The same thing started again after I mowed last week. The problem is that sometimes, very randomly, when I turn on the key, the solenoid will not engage. I have checked the wires (3 of them) and none have any voltage when this occurs. I mess around with the wiring, peck on the solenoid, bounce around on the tractor, and sometimes even think about throwing something. I keep messing with it until finally it just out of the blue decides to engage and the red wire will have voltage as I understand it should. Apparently, it is not the solenoid since I replaced that. I have read a few threads on this but none where exactly what I am seeing. The only thing that should be noted is that the PO by-passed the seat safety switch, but again, that has been that way since I have had it and this is a recent problem. Once I parked it after mowing this week, it would engage every time I hit the key. Next week, it may or may not engage. Any help for me to diagnose the problem would be greatly appreciated. I did download the wiring diagram to start running wires, but thought I would try the experts here first. Thanks again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts