Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well looks like John Deere no longer stocks the muffler for the 330/332 series tractors. The part number is AM101266 . Anyone have any idea for a replacement?
Bill

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
Well looks like John Deere no longer stocks the muffler for the 330/332 series tractors. The part number is AM101266 . Anyone have any idea for a replacement?
Bill

What's wrong with the original? My 322 started clogging up with the rusting baffle inside, I removed it and was able to get most of it out of the housing. It sounds pretty cool and has been that way for 8 years or so...

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I just looked at JD parts, it says contact dealer for price and a availability. Did your dealer say its NLA?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Mine is all busted loose. It was that way when I bought it. Afraid to weld it as I usually burn through thin metal with my cheap welders.
You have an excuse to get a good welder... :LOL:

Reactions: TempletonJDguy

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Somr guys are saying good things about those HF Titanium welders. I should just go and spend the 2 grand on a hood one though.
My little 120v 100amp Hobart seems to work good. Pretty sure it was much cheaper, or a HF one. Then you can spend the savings on Deeres!

·
Registered
992 Posts
I used to work in a muffler shop and we had all kinds and shapes of generic mufflers, selecting the one that would most closely approximate the original on size, shape, inlet/outlet position. Didn't have any specs on internals other than whether it was a straight-through resonator or a baffled muffler. You might be able to find a generic one that matches and fit that?

·
Registered
Yanmar Clacking
418 Posts
Bill
You could just lose the engine tins and run a stack!:LOL:
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
548 Posts
+1 on HF Titanium Flux core. I too have a professional welder friend who was more than pleasantly surprised by the performance.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
992 Posts
Bill, here's a small selection of resonators that could fit - Walker Tractor Mufflers - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing. It seems though that they don't go down in tube diameters like they used to. Not finding a lot with 1 1/2" tube diameter for example, but you could always call your local exhaust shop and they should be able to find something suitable if it exists. I picked up a reject muffler from my local shop that I use on the pony on my Cat D2. Doesn't fit properly but definitely shuts it up, noisy beast that it is. Walkerexhaust.com might be able to direct you to smaller mufflers

·
Registered
5,014 Posts

this might fit

Reactions: mopar65pa
1 - 17 of 17 Posts