Weekend Freedom Machines banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
LOL, I can work pretty fast. I was surprised by Deere on this one though, finding the part not too far away was key. I do like Deere's inventory search capabilities. Also, I live in a pretty well stocked area.

I think the Yanmar was used in more than just the little lawn tractors, I think some of those larger older front mowers like f945s and the like (I think maybe some Gators) may have used them too.

ETA: It should also be noted that I've had the radiator out of this thing 4 or 5 times, so I have had some practice. Once you've practiced something enough it goes pretty fast not having to puzzle out the steps of the first time. The 332 is a tight little thing, so you can't just blast into it all crazy. You have to move something most times to get at most things. Like removing the side panel to check the oil... 馃お I haven't even had it a year yet. :)

Reactions: TomManson

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I've been messing with trying to get float to work...

One thing I forgot about was the float position on the blade itself. I'm going to use that for now. :)

Reactions: rwmeyer

Registered
Remove side panel to check oil??
How much was that pump? Maybe I should pick up a few while I can.

Registered
1989 318
Once you've practiced something enough it goes pretty fast not having to puzzle out the steps of the first time.
Man ain't that the truth! I am working on my motorcycle right now and it is all new to me so I have to spend a lot of time looking at something to see how it comes off. But it's all good, as long as you don't break something then have to slap yourself on the forehead with a DOOH!

Reactions: mjydrafter

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I don't think there will be any shortages on the pumps, they used to be very spendy. Old threads indicated $250.

This one was $135.

Reactions: 89420

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Man ain't that the truth! I am working on my motorcycle right now and it is all new to me so I have to spend a lot of time looking at something to see how it comes off. But it's all good, as long as you don't break something then have to slap yourself on the forehead with a DOOH!
Motorcycles are very much like that. I worked on a couple of Goldwings a number of years ago, and they are pretty intense as far as digging into one. All that expensive plastic. I did an aircleaner and recall it was really buried in there. And the tank (which isn't really the fuel tank) and parts of the fairing have to come off... 馃お

Registered
nothing like a bmw k1200lt
Powersports tech I am.
They are the worst

Reactions: mjydrafter

Registered
1989 318
I just looked up the K1200lt and I see what you mean, fairings cover everything. I like the '60's vintage BMW's where everything was exposed..

Registered
Yeah the k1200LT The body
It is known as Tupperware. And underneath that Tupperware everything is jammed tight Good bikes though if actually ridden seen a few with 200k. One with 300k original engine most everything else not

135$ for the 332 water pump not to bad
Thanks for the update on price
My 332 is a 1987. Unknown hrs. Fabbed a exhaust and turned pump up.

Registered
After reading the information above, you guys made me nervous. One of my 332鈥檚 leaks antifreeze out of the weep hole after sitting for a couple of days, so I thought I better get to finding one, the gasket, and the thermostat. I called the dealer I usually work with and got all of it ordered. The Parts guy I talked to even commented:鈥滻t looks like they have 108 on hand at the Depot.鈥 I have found in the past that the on-line Parts Catalog may not have the latest updated info, versus the system the dealer uses. As a result, I would suggest you check again with your dealer.

Registered
Dealer I use
Has has a supplier that buys up old deere stock parts. It鈥檚 separate then deere supply
Not all dealers use that recourse
So if part is nla from deere then they check with them

Registered
What do you get from that and how did you do it? Thanks
power hopefully N/A I know. Will get
More smoke. Still power to be had by adding fuel. U will know it鈥檚 to much fuel when it bogs. Most will tell u don鈥檛 mess with it
So if u don鈥檛 understand it better off listening to the crowd here.. I turned it up 6 yrs ago and opened up exhaust still running great

21 - 34 of 34 Posts