Weekend Freedom Machines banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1987 332 (SN 420036) with the seat safety switch bypassed. I subsequently bought the deluxe flip suspension seat. I'd like to put the safety switch back on, but it looks like the type of safety switch on flip suspension seat is different from what would have been on the tractor originally. Is there a way to make the flip suspension seat style safety switch work with a 1987 332?

Thanks for any help.

· Premium Member
10,518 Posts
Dennis,

The flip seat needs to have the external seat safety switch that mounts to the stationary strap (M73352, part number 17) bridging the seat springs. Below is the parts breakdown with JD part numbers:

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the deluxe flip suspension seat. I pretty sure I just need switch (AM104884), but from what I can see the wiring on a 1987 tractor seat switch is not the same as the >475000 models. I'm hoping to convert the wiring over to connect to switch AM104884 so that I can use the seat safety switch. It doesn't look like my wiring would plug into that style safety switch and I would need to make some sort of adapter.

· Premium Member
10,518 Posts
Dennis,

If you already have all the switch parts on your replacement seat assembly, then just convert to the needed terminal type...

Both the new switch and the old strip type are normally open types that make contact (close) when the operator is present.

Chuck

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess that is my question, what type of terminal/plug do I need to connect to safety switch AM104884? Can I get an aftermarket terminal/plug or would I have to get it off of an old wiring harness? Does anyone have a picture of the terminal/plug that connects to the safety switch on a deluxe flip suspension seat?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.