Weekend Freedom Machines banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am a proud new owner of a 332 and am on a serious learning curve. My issue is that it won't start. It would start fine then allot a sudden nothing. I turn the key to run and everything that is supposed to happen seems to happen. But when I turn to start nothing happens. I've jumped the starter and it only spins, no engagement at all. I've checked the safety switches and they seem fine. Although the pto switch confuses me. And the little wire to the starter solenoid only seems to be getting half power. Any thoughts? Oh, and the battery light is on almost all the time it's running but will turn off every now and then.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the fuel shutoff Solenoid it will not start unless the the solenoid is engaged if not engage with the key on just reach down and press it together

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
wont start if you left PTO switch on

mine wont start unless I hold hydro handle to the left in neutral position, I could fix it but don't want my 10 year old son starting it up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi. Looks like mine doesn't have a fuel shutoff solenoid. Just a bracket where one should be and some wires. How could this have run without one?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
you can manually actuate it, I used a bungee cord before on my 430 before getting a manual shut off from a 330

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can manually actuate it, I used a bungee cord before on my 430 before getting a manual shut off from a 330
Thanks, I understand how the manual part works. Just not sure on how that would affect the electrical. It looks like it was just unplugged and it was no issue with anything else.
Now I've gotta figure out how to bypass safety switches to see if they are the problem.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
lever in neutral
brake depressed
seat switch
PTO's off

are the safeties
we don't support bypassing them on this site though

if starter only spins then the gear part might be gunked up and cleaning it can fix it or possible bad battery connection not enabling full current to it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lever in neutral
brake depressed
seat switch
PTO's off

are the safeties
we don't support bypassing them on this site though

if starter only spins then the gear part might be gunked up and cleaning it can fix it or possible bad battery connection not enabling full current to it
I'm only wanting to bypass safeties to diagnose the issue. I've got kids and I understand their importance.
When I turn the key nothing happens. When I jump the starter it only spins. Getting half power at little wire to top of starter. Going to make starter improvement relay and take off starter to check it out. When I get 5 min away from the kiddies. Lol

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
sent you a PM for electrical print

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked the starter and added the starter improvement kit but still same issue.
I was checking the glow plug relay module thing and it appears it's got full amps going in but as soon as I reconnect it the amps going out of the glow plug relay dropped by about 4 amps. So I'm going to get a new one. It also doesn't light the light on the dash.

Iball

1 - 10 of 10 Posts